Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rule Change Poll # 2: Minor League Movement

Go down 
2 posters

Minor League Movement
Status Quo (Move up players when you feel like it, only sending down players is limited)
Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Poll_left73%Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Poll_right
 73% [ 11 ]
Go based on rookie eligibility rules, and if no longer a rookie, must be moved up when on the teams 25 man roster
Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Poll_left27%Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Poll_right
 27% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage

Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Empty
PostSubject: Rule Change Poll # 2: Minor League Movement   Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:21 pm

Right now, our minor league system works as this.

If you have a minor league player, and he is called up, you have the right to leave him in your minor leagues. If you do bring him up, then the only way you can send him back down to the minors is if he is sent down in real life. In the case of player options, where you bring up a MILB player along with the team, and then he is sent down in real life, the original option of keeping him down in the minors as long as you want is again available to you. So if say Jesus Montero is bought up by the Yankees, and after watching hit 20 HRs in 15 ABs, I decide to bring him up. But then Bud Selig complains that the Yankees are too good, and send him back down again, I follow and send him back down the minors. If the Yankees after the All Star break decide to bring back Jesus, I would have the option of leaving him in the minors as long as I want again. That is Status Quo.

Change Option, is once a MILB player surpasses their rookie eligibility, 150 ABs/50 IP, the option of keeping them in the minors is taken away. So say Arizona wanted to mess with Murph, and sent down Justin Upton to the minors, he would have to call him back up as soon as Arizona put him back on the 25 man roster because he is no longer a rookie.

Vote Away, and feel free to voice your opinions one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 2: Minor League Movement   Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:27 am

I would put in the caveat to limit the sending down of older players that are just going on a minor league rehab assignment for injury. So maybe anyone over the age of 25 could not partake in the shuffle since they would likely be back up to their major league team in the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 2: Minor League Movement   Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:22 am

Knuckleball wrote:
I would put in the caveat to limit the sending down of older players that are just going on a minor league rehab assignment for injury. So maybe anyone over the age of 25 could not partake in the shuffle since they would likely be back up to their major league team in the end.

A minor league rehab assignment for injury is not a demotion, so that player should not be allowed to be put on a MiLB roster.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 2: Minor League Movement   Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:39 pm

I don't think the rule necessarily has to be after rookie elgibility, but I do like the idea that a minor league rehab assignment could be put in affect as a good comprimise..I'm holding off on my vote right now..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 2: Minor League Movement   Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:27 pm

Minor League Rehab assignments are considered DL trips, and not sent down to the minors. The only way a player is sent down to the minors is if he is optioned out there, or signs a minor league deal with a team. Everyone goes on Rehab Assignments when they are hurt, so that would not qualify as being sent down to the minor leagues. Or atleast that is what status quo is.

And its 8-0 right now, and 9 for status quo means there can't be majority, so with one more vote for Status Quo, this poll would be over.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 2: Minor League Movement   Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:32 am

Let's then put that admendment in the rules that a rehab assignment can not be justification to put a guy on the minor league roster. Many people in our league do and have done this including myself. And if you look now, people have players in their minor leagues that were once in their major league roster but dropped down due to their injury and rehab assignment. CBS sportsline puts an M in that activity spot and everyone takes advantage of it, and I'll admit I have too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 2: Minor League Movement   Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:46 pm

wow am I really the only person who voted for the alternative?
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 2: Minor League Movement   Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:53 pm

No, I did, although my suggestion was not as restrictive than the 150/50 rule.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 2: Minor League Movement   Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:42 am

Status Quo it IS!!!

Ok, for what Aaron Foster said, I'm sure DL players are not eligible to be sent down to the minors. Rehab assignments do not count as being optioned down to the minors. So if a player is on the DL, and rehabbing in the minors, the only place he qualifies to be held other than your mlb roster is the DL. For someone to be counted as being sent down, they must either sign a minor league deal and be in the minors or be optioned down.

So when Aubrey Huff breaks a fingernail, and is sent to the DL, and he is rehabbing, I can't send him down to the minors. If Pedro Alvarez comes up and cheats on the Neal Huntington's daughter and is sent back down the minors, then only can I move him down. I hope that clears it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 2: Minor League Movement   Rule Change Poll # 2:  Minor League Movement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule Change Poll # 2: Minor League Movement
Page 1 of 1