Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Minor League rosters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Minor League rosters Empty
PostSubject: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:33 pm

I talked to commish about this last weekend but had to start a discussion on here to get some more attention on the issue. We seem to have some people sending players down to their minors roster when they are not sent down in real life.
Also looking through the rosters we have some people with players way above 130ab/50IP and currently playing in the major leagues but owners have them on minor league rosters currently.

I wouldn't bring this up but with some positions growing very thin and many injuries happing for some of our owners. Not to mention some owners are blantly sending guys down to the minors without being called down in real life

The call-up/send down system will be simple. You may only call up a player if he is rosted on an MLB roster at the current time. But once you recall him from your minor league roster you may not send him down until he has been sent down in real life. You also have the ability to send other players on your MLB roster down as long as they have been sent down in real life.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:01 pm

Well just because someone is over 130 AB/50 IP doesnt meant they cant be on the minors. If he is the minors then gets called up to his MLB team, but you choose not too, that is fine.

As for the 2nd part....well that is just because you guys dont listen. I could make a list of things of what I ask people to do and they dont do it Razz
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:54 pm

Well we do have some people that recently moved guys down to their minor leagues from their major league roster without that player actually being demoted in real life.
For instance Imcraigjamesbitch just down Luis Valbuena and he hasn't been sent down in real life.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:42 am

What Aaron brings up really needs to be fixed. If someone has sent someone down that is still on a Major League roster, they need to lose that player (or something). It's silly to be able to do that. Why even have a minors? Why not just add 20 spots to our bench in that case (don't do that, just pointing out the silliness of even thinking that's a rule)?
Back to top Go down
headcase524

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:53 am

I apologize for the Valbuena situation. I thought that I could send him back down bc he hasnt used up his ROY eligibility yet. That's the way all of my other leagues are. When you have a minor leaguer who gets called up you can move him back and forth between your majors and minors during that first season at your discretion. After his rookie year he has to stay on your major league roster. The way you guys have it, it sounds like you have to be in the minor leagues to be on the minor league roster. So does that mean that you have to call up a guy as soon as he makes it to the majors? Does that mean that I could move Manny down to the minors once he starts his rehab assignment? I feel like there should be some leeway for owners instead of a cut and dry minors only rule.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:33 pm

I think the rule is quite simple to understand. If you have a player in the minors he can be on your minor league team. If the player is then called up to the majors, you can either call him up or not without any issue. Once in the majors the only way he can then be sent back down to your minor league team is for his MLB team to send him back down.
Back to top Go down
headcase524

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:40 pm

I know what the rule is. I'm saying that it should not be that way. It doesn't make sense that the decision to bring a guy up is made at our discretion and yet the decision to send him back down is made by the major league team. Either we should be able to send them up and down at our own discretion or everything should be tied to what the mlb teams do. Why is it mixed?
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:04 pm

The leeway is that you don't have to call him up if you dont think he can help your team. If you can just send players up and down if they are under 150 AB/50 IP (or whatever it is) then there is no real point to having a minors system.

Anyways that is the rule for now; we can vote on it in the off-season or something if others feel the same as Craig.
Back to top Go down
headcase524

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:04 pm

No real point to having a minors system? That argument doesn't make sense to me. Of course there's a point to having a minors system. Its for players who are either currently in the minors league or who started the year in the minor leagues. Simply doing away with the minors and having a larger roster doesn't work bc then contending win now teams would just use some spots on extra major leaguers further dilluting the major league talent pool. There is definitely a point to having a minor league system.

I just don't see why sending a player down is tied to real life when calling a player up is not. That's inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:02 pm

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Good debate. There needs to be a minor league system or you would have someone hording 20 MLB players and care less about their minor league system or vice versa. I bring this up because as the season goes on and players go on the DL positions are getting thin and I don't want someone taking advantage (on purpose or not) of packing their minor league system with major league talent and then hording all FA's.

Honestly when the situation came up and I emailed the commish about it. He notified me that we didn't techniquely have to bring up our player once they reach 130ab/50IP. I didn't know this and brought Jeff Larish up and dropped Alberto Callaspo. If I would have known I wouldn't have made this move. I just wanted to get this out and made clear to all our owners because looking through the minor league rosters we have some guys who are MLB and well above the minimums and wasn't sure if they were sent down when they weren't sent down in real life. OR if owners were aware of this ruling..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:33 am

OF COURSE there needs to be a minors system - Jam was just shooting from the hip because he needed to hear himself (ala Ben Sheets thread).. he doesn't even want to get rid of the system, he made that clear, he just wanted to say it in a sentence lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:37 am

i like Craig's idea - some MLB teams call up players, use them everyday, and then for whatever reason (rookie slump, platoon, injury, manager stupidity) that player starts riding the pine one day, and never gets sent down ..then you kinda have to drop him altogether or his presence can hurt your team.. then what if he breaks out a year or so later.. that would be lame that you had to drop him

i don't like Aaron's idea (about making it mandatory to callup @ 130/50) .. i plan to keep Brandon Moss down until he's at least 35 years old, thats around when i think he'll bust out
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm not saying making it mandatory to call up @130/50. I just thought it was according to our rules, but now stand corrected. I'm ok with the way it is...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Well we can discuss this at the end of the season. We already had a backlash about changing rules in the middle of the season, so we're not going there again.

Right now the rules are the rules. At the end of the season, if people still have the same problems, we can all get together and vote on amendments and what not like the previous offseason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor League rosters   Minor League rosters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minor League rosters
Page 1 of 1