Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rule Change Poll #1: Tie Breaker Options

Go down 

Tie Breaker Options
Based on Better Record (Higher Seed)- Status Quo
Rule Change Poll #1:  Tie Breaker Options Poll_left73%Rule Change Poll #1:  Tie Breaker Options Poll_right
 73% [ 11 ]
Random Stat (such as HR, Wins, etc)
Rule Change Poll #1:  Tie Breaker Options Poll_left27%Rule Change Poll #1:  Tie Breaker Options Poll_right
 27% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage

Rule Change Poll #1:  Tie Breaker Options Empty
PostSubject: Rule Change Poll #1: Tie Breaker Options   Rule Change Poll #1:  Tie Breaker Options Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:12 pm

Right now, we have playoff tie breakers decided by the better record. If you are fine with that, vote for Status Quo. If you would like to assign a random stat, then choose option B. If Option B is the one in the majority, we will have another poll to decide which exactly is the random stat that we are picking.

Vote away, and feel free to voice your reasons on why you voted for whatever that is you voted for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll #1: Tie Breaker Options   Rule Change Poll #1:  Tie Breaker Options Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:49 pm

Just wanted to throw out a suggestion that might be a decent middle of the road option. In my local keeper, the tiebreaker is a category, however rather than a random cat, the higher seed gets to pick the Tiebreaker category in every series except the championship. For instance, if Gonzo and I were to meet in the first round, and he finished with a better record than me, he would choose the TB category. Let's say we finish the week tied, and he chooses HRs, and I happen to beat him 11-8 in the category. That means he loses his choice TB cat and I would advance. If we were to finish the week tied, and Gonzo beats me 11-8 in HR's, then he would advannce. Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll #1: Tie Breaker Options   Rule Change Poll #1:  Tie Breaker Options Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:47 pm

malta69 wrote:
Just wanted to throw out a suggestion that might be a decent middle of the road option. In my local keeper, the tiebreaker is a category, however rather than a random cat, the higher seed gets to pick the Tiebreaker category in every series except the championship. For instance, if Gonzo and I were to meet in the first round, and he finished with a better record than me, he would choose the TB category. Let's say we finish the week tied, and he chooses HRs, and I happen to beat him 11-8 in the category. That means he loses his choice TB cat and I would advance. If we were to finish the week tied, and Gonzo beats me 11-8 in HR's, then he would advannce. Does that make sense?

that sounds interesting.. what do they use for the championship ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll #1: Tie Breaker Options   Rule Change Poll #1:  Tie Breaker Options Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:20 pm

jake wrote:
malta69 wrote:

that sounds interesting.. what do they use for the championship ?

Well its essentially the same, except nstead of going by higher seed, the team with the best overall winning % (record) regardless of H2H matchup, seeding, etc. gets to choose the TB cat. We play with three divisions (three div winners and three wild cards) so hypethetically the #6 seed could have a better record than a division winner which is why we change it up in the title game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll #1: Tie Breaker Options   Rule Change Poll #1:  Tie Breaker Options Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:37 am

Sooooooo, Status Quo, it is!!

I don't know if picking cats is the best, because I may have great starting pitchers and a lousy offense, so I might pick say ERA or Ks as the tie breaker. I think random would've been better if we were going to change it up.

Anyway, moot point now.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll #1: Tie Breaker Options   Rule Change Poll #1:  Tie Breaker Options Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:52 pm

Jesus, we are like the fricken Republicans with sticking with the Status Quo..I WANT CHANGE DAMMIT!! LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll #1: Tie Breaker Options   Rule Change Poll #1:  Tie Breaker Options Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:55 am

aaronfoster13 wrote:
Jesus, we are like the fricken Republicans with sticking with the Status Quo..I WANT CHANGE DAMMIT!! LOL

Hey hey, there's no call for that kind of degrading insult!!! Evil or Very Mad

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll #1: Tie Breaker Options   Rule Change Poll #1:  Tie Breaker Options Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule Change Poll #1: Tie Breaker Options
Page 1 of 1