Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Rule Suggestions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

New Rule Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: New Rule Suggestions   New Rule Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Any desire for rule implementation can go here...

I'll offer up a couple.

1. I believe Jam proposed this last year, but moving from one year payments to two year payments so people don't just ditch their team.

2. Possibly moving away from CBS. Fantrax has the same abilities as CBS in terms of creating minor league players, and I believe it's free. And it also might have the ability to set your lineups, 5 mins prior to the start of each game than the first game like CBS. One of the other leagues is considering moving to Fantrax from CBS (TBD) and just want to see if people here are interested as well. With it being cheaper, would have more money to spread out as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestions   New Rule Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:33 pm

1. I think it should be only for new people if we have been here a couple of seasons we have put in our time I would say.

2. I am all for that I hate that some days the lineup is set at like 9 am for me doesn't give me any time to make changes.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestions   New Rule Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:08 pm

1. I'd say everyone pays the full amount for next season plus 10% that gets put towards the following season. If you bail, that 10% can be put towards that new owner.
2. I don't care if we go with CBS or FanTrax..I'd like to hear what others experience is with it before jumping ship.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestions   New Rule Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:31 am

Banekng wrote:
1. I think it should be only for new people if we have been here a couple of seasons we have put in our time I would say.

This is backward. The idea is to be able to easily attact new owners. I'm guessing nobody is abandoning a championship squad. In theory, new folks would just owe 1 year (next year). This way they get the current year as a free ride from the prior owner, but also make a committment to not just "try it" and abandon at no cost.

Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestions   New Rule Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:37 pm

1.) I kind of posted this in another thread but I think the commishes do a good job with the amount of work their given, which is a lot. Which is why I think work needs to be divided up between commishes specifically. Also, to go along with that.. we started this league with three commishes but have seemed to dwindle to just two. We have to have a 3rd commish, if past commishes are too busy then they need to say so and others would run for it and be voted in. The commishes are integral to this league running smoothly and it's too big a job for just two of them.

I for one would like to run for the 3rd commish.

2.) I think there needs to be better communication and community involvement in the offseason here at the forums. I'm not sure how exactly we accomplish this but it seems that many of the new members that have joined on rarely use the forums for anything and I'm guessing everything thing is a bit daunting to them and a bit confusing. We worked last off-season to clean it up a bit, and I think that needs to be continued this off-season.

3.) Also, with the communication. One commish needs to be in charge of emailing the entire league each month (a monthly newsletter of sorts) to fill in members on league happenings and what we have coming up. Again, I know this may not seem like an integral part of the league but I really believe communication is key to having active members and I think we've lost a bit of that in the last year or two.

4.) Contact pages on forums need updated (old teams/owners need deleted, new owners added and updated, etc.)

5.) Specific dates for events added to off-season league calendar (not just a 2-3 week time frame) that way people can plan and KNOW what is for sure going on.

If I think of anything else I'll add later. Would love some discussion on points I've brought up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestions   New Rule Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:13 pm

100% in favor of Fantrax. heard its a great site

I agree with Bryan, we could use some revitalization if it helps. I should be getting my friend to co-own with me. Really nice guy and super active, so hopefully he can add to any kind of jump start (I may not be around as much next year)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestions   New Rule Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Allright, time to start taking care of some of these things. Going to start new threads to discuss and vote on specific issues.
Back to top Go down
huztler

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestions   New Rule Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Another point about prepaying for two years. That just kicks the problem one year down the road. You would end up with even more vacancies at the end of year two. Shitty owners from year one would hang around for a second bad year and then it would become a real shit show. There is no substitute for just finding good owners. I could probably find one or two if you want them. Just let me know.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestions   New Rule Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 am

huztler wrote:
Another point about prepaying for two years. That just kicks the problem one year down the road. You would end up with even more vacancies at the end of year two. Shitty owners from year one would hang around for a second bad year and then it would become a real shit show. There is no substitute for just finding good owners. I could probably find one or two if you want them. Just let me know.

No it doesn't because each year you still have to pay the current year's fees. So, if by, say a week before the Mi draft you haven't paid for the current year, we could easily find a replacement that gets the current year free (or at least easier). You don't get to skip a year by paying 2 now. you are always paying the current year with 1 in "reserve" to help find a replacement. We would have to pay 2 now just to get that reserve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestions   New Rule Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Rule Suggestions
Page 1 of 1