Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roster Proposal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

Roster Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Roster Proposal   Roster Proposal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 7:30 am

When we do the cutdown to 25 at the beginning of the year, you still be able to roster 3 DL guys therefore allowing 28 total.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Roster Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Proposal   Roster Proposal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:30 pm

Issue with this is anyone on DL from previous year that's been removed and hasn't officially been placed on DL yet would not be eligible even if they're injured to start the year.
Back to top Go down
thome52

Roster Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Proposal   Roster Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 5:59 am

Ah, good point. What about expanding roster to 28 then until say 3 days after the regular season starts?
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Roster Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Proposal   Roster Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 11:45 pm

We've kind of brought this up before. Not seen a real need to expand rosters. There's not much on Free Agents as-is. If you've got specific reasoning, please bring it up.
Back to top Go down
thome52

Roster Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Proposal   Roster Proposal Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 12:48 am

The reason is injuries. I think we all roster, or at a minimum the majority of the league carries injured players over from year to year, I don't think we should have to penalize ourselves to carry these injured player for an extra day/2/3 before they get put on the DL by the big league club, when we all clearly know that's where they're going.

So I'm not proposing a permant expansion to 28, but just for say the first week of the season. Reason being, to get those players that are still injured to the DL without having to drop a different player, valuable or not.
Back to top Go down
huztler

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Roster Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Proposal   Roster Proposal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 1:17 pm

I don't think this is a big issue either way. If you want to keep injured players, then go ahead but I don't see why we would need more roster spots. Turnover is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roster Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roster Proposal   Roster Proposal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roster Proposal
Page 1 of 1