Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2012 Amendment Proposal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

2012 Amendment Proposal Empty
PostSubject: 2012 Amendment Proposal   2012 Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:07 pm

This isn't really a proposal, but more in the way of a guideline. I propose that when someone proposes an amendment, it must be seconded by another league member. A league I was in used this method and it worked really well in terms of weeding out outlandish proposals, if no one seconds your proposal then it's dead from the start. This saves time and keeps us from having to vote when the end result would be 19-1 against a possible proposal.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Amendment Proposal   2012 Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:45 am

First Amendment proposal for 2012, possibly 2011 if people are on board for a quick vote.

Remove the minimum requirement for starting position players. Therefore, no one would be required to start a 3B if they did not want to or did not have one active at the time. An attachment to that would be changing the allowable reserve players. The requirement to not have 25 active players would still be in place but no longer would a person have an illegal lineup if they had 16 active and 9 reserves.

I also do not know if that was Luis's intention to have every positioned filled each day of the week?
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Amendment Proposal   2012 Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:02 pm

We need to fill a full team every day. This proposal would really bastardize the intent here. Now, I know someone can find a C that gets no stats to avoid hurting themselves with a filler. But, so be it. At least they are taking a roster spot.

We need every position filled in our active lineup every day of the week.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Amendment Proposal   2012 Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:36 pm

All right, I was just throwing out the idea. Not as if I would want to see a team not have all positions filled. Though in most cases, I could rarely see a reason where a position going unfilled would help a manager.

Just trying to do due diligence in evaluating everything as a commissioner now.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Amendment Proposal   2012 Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:31 pm

i think when the league started you had to fill every position or else your roster was illegal based on the settings CBS offered

i dont know if its changed
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Amendment Proposal   2012 Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:39 pm

I agree with Jammy, no reason for not having every active position filled everyday of the week. If someone doesn't have every position filled then their lineup should be illegal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Amendment Proposal   2012 Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:35 am

Proposal for 2012:

For one week every year, we open a window were we can each send 1 player back to our minors. We can also put nobody down, but no more then 1.

We'd have to put restrictions on what kind of players can be demoted .. i'm thinking this is for rookies, and players early in their careers who don't have fantasy value yet, that were called up too soon. thinking it would be best done in March or April, or around the cut-dates

This is most needed for new managers taking over teams where these mistakes we're made. Its unfair if they walk into a situation like that. Its also good for anyone trying to win now
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Amendment Proposal   2012 Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 4:27 pm

jake wrote:
Proposal for 2012:

For one week every year, we open a window were we can each send 1 player back to our minors. We can also put nobody down, but no more then 1.

We'd have to put restrictions on what kind of players can be demoted .. i'm thinking this is for rookies, and players early in their careers who don't have fantasy value yet, that were called up too soon. thinking it would be best done in March or April, or around the cut-dates

This is most needed for new managers taking over teams where these mistakes we're made. Its unfair if they walk into a situation like that. Its also good for anyone trying to win now

I like the sentiment, especially for those taking over a team, but I think this is a bad idea. Kind of reminds me of the Ben Sheets proposal a couple of years ago. To make a rule for 1 oddity that can be used for other purposes seems short sighted. If we think someone has really f'd up their team and left it in shambles, why not just vote on the 1 exception for the new owner rather than creating "loophole" rules (though even that creates it's own slippery slope).

I will give a personal example - I waited to promote Walker last year knowing once I did, I wouldn't be able to reverse it. This rule would basically give me carte blanche on making such a mistake (which in fact turned out not to be). I don't like that. I'd rather have to think. 2nd example - I'd love to put Kyle Blanks back in my Minors. I f'd up and brought him up too soon. Why should I be able to put him back down?

I like the fact that our Minor Leagues are just that (with the 1 extension being that WE can decide when to bring someone up and not have to rely on bad real life GM's). I see other leagues that basically use the Minors as extensions of their benches and I cringe. Especially in a league the size of ours.

Even your own caveats show the difficulty in making this rule - we'd only be able to use it on players with less than 1.653 years of service who also have 1 shaved eye brow. Razz

Like I said, I do feel bad for the new owners in really bad situations. And if there is something so egregious, I'd be willing to consider as a league an especially bad exception. But, that's unfortunately part of taking over a team. It's going to be rare that a team ready to win today will be left by someone. And I don't want to create a rule that allows others to use it as a means of managing their day to day teams.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Amendment Proposal   2012 Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:49 pm

Agreed...NO DO-OVERS!
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Amendment Proposal   2012 Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:37 pm

I second Jammy, I don't like to take the thinking out of things. Little decisions like those are what slowly builds teams. I don't want to help out someone by giving them a do-over. When you take over a team, you see the roster prior to taking it over and get to read over the rules. They do have the right to decline taking over the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Amendment Proposal   2012 Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:28 am

jamcam13 wrote:
If we think someone has really f'd up their team and left it in shambles, why not just vote on the 1 exception for the new owner .....

someone was recently complaining about their inherited team and players being promoted to soon. i cant remember who, but maybe we can start with them

jamcam13 wrote:
I f'd up and brought Blanks up too soon. Why should I be able to put him back down?

to keep your team as competitive as possible.. to give Summer Glau a run for her money.. to bring more excitement to the league
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Amendment Proposal   2012 Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:43 am

jake wrote:

to give Summer Glau more excitement

Now that, I'd like to do....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Amendment Proposal   2012 Amendment Proposal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 Amendment Proposal
Page 1 of 1