Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2018 Amendment Proposal - Weekly IP Limit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

2018 Amendment Proposal - Weekly IP Limit Empty
PostSubject: 2018 Amendment Proposal - Weekly IP Limit   2018 Amendment Proposal - Weekly IP Limit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 3:40 pm

We all hate streaming. It's a dick (though legal) way to win a couple categories cheaply (and this is coming from someone who has done it in the playoffs, so I include myself in the dick category that we all hate ourselves for after - it just feels dirty). Not sure exact level we should limit it to, and quite frankly, I think it should be high enough that it won't completely stop this. However, something needs to be done to stop EXTREME SP streaming.

Honestly, my bigger concern isn't even the weekly category wins. We can all do various streaming to win a specific category or 2 should the need/scenario arise. It's more that someone is going to win 2 year long categories (and the $$$ that goes with it) just because they can keep this up all year. I don't think that's something we should encourage. It's completely different than deciding to roster extra holds guys (or even starters), or hitters to rotate in to MAXIMIZE a given category/strategy.

Maybe, alternatively, the limitation should be on weekly adds (outside of minors bidding), so as not to target a specific strategy. Again, I do not want to limit strategy. That's part of the game. It's just shutting what I believe is a loophole that I believe we all think is counter to the integrity of the league even when we've used it from time to time ourselves.

Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Amendment Proposal - Weekly IP Limit   2018 Amendment Proposal - Weekly IP Limit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 4:23 pm

Probably would need to go down the path of limiting FA adds during the week (my thinking would be 4). Inning caps are silly and some teams carry larger rotations than others plus you still need enough adds to account for injuries and that sort.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Amendment Proposal - Weekly IP Limit   2018 Amendment Proposal - Weekly IP Limit Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Yeah. That probably makes mores sense, so you're not targeting a specific strategy with normal roster construction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Amendment Proposal - Weekly IP Limit   2018 Amendment Proposal - Weekly IP Limit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2018 Amendment Proposal - Weekly IP Limit
Page 1 of 1