Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Empty
PostSubject: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 12:40 pm

It was realized after a discussion that we haven't allocated where the funds we're saving from purchasing the lifetime league membership at Fantrax will go in our payout structure. This starts in 2015 and a structure needs to be established. After discussing this with Jammy, I've came up with the following proposal.

1st Place: $415 ($+15)
2nd Place: $215 ($+15)
3rd Place: $100
4th Place: $30

Division Winners: $50 (+$25 x 4)
Wildcard Winners: $25 (+$15 x 2)
Best Record: $50

Statistical Winners: $20 x 12 categories

For a total change of $160

The changes are in parentheses.

We came to the conclusion that it is very difficult to make the playoffs in this league so the Division & Wildcard Winners should be rewarded even more. Most of the Fantrax money was used for this with the extra $30 being split in the Championship game.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 12:59 pm

I obviously agree and 2nd this.

I also thought it important to structure the 4th place and wild card in such a way that a team that may have won a wild card with a great record in a very tough division ends up with more total $$$ than a (at least visually) weaker division winner in a weak division if they beat them in the playoffs. $5 ($25 + $30 vs. $50) isn't much, but at least it brings some equity to the equation while still maintaining the reward for winning the division.

The last $30 I don't care, but giving it to the ultimate winners seems to make as much sense as anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 1:29 pm

I third it. Should it be on the current ballot?
James
Silver
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 1:31 pm

Yes, it was a Commisioner amendment allowing it to be posted late due to its importance. It will be posted and given its 7 days to be voted upon.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 2:01 pm

I would suggest this option, thought if we are going to be reallocating the money some should get back into the league in general where everyone has a chance to get a better reward which is included in the stats and not so much the top prizes.

1st Place: $400
2nd Place: $200

Division Winners: $45 (+$20 x 4)
Wildcard Winners: $20 (+$10 x 2)

Statistical Winners: $25 (+$5) x 12 categories
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 2:13 pm

Will need a 2nd and 3rd, Stephen. If so, we'll run both proposals against each other.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 3:01 pm

Knuckleball wrote:
I would suggest this option, thought if we are going to be reallocating the money some should get back into the league in general where everyone has a chance to get a better reward which is included in the stats and not so much the top prizes.

1st Place: $400
2nd Place: $200

Division Winners: $45 (+$20 x 4)
Wildcard Winners: $20 (+$10 x 2)

Statistical Winners: $25 (+$5) x 12 categories

I'll 2nd this, too if I'm allowed. My only real issue with it is while in concept I see what you're trying to get at, the fact of the matter is the statistical winners are more the playoff teams anyway. I didn't really look at this, but I seem to remember for example, Sean winning a lot of the category prizes. So, in effect, all you're doing is weighting it even more to the tippy top (no offense, Sean) than actually creating added incentive to teams that may potentially lose interest. At least in Bryan's (and I guess my) proposal, it's spread among 6 teams for sure (30% of the league).

Also, why would we pay more to someone who loads their team in 1 category (in theory) to win a statistical category than someone who was consistent enough across the board to win a wild card? Those that aren't competing for a playoff spot still have the opportunity to get some funds back, but I'm not sure we need to add to it given the option.

I only 2nd it b/c I'd rather see at least another alternative for folks to consider, and this is probably a very good one based on this alternative view point. And in the end $5 or $10 isn't going to make a difference either way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 4:15 pm

I think I second the notion that the top 3 finishers are fine in their prizes. I don't think $20 makes a lot of difference when you win $400.

1st place: $400
2nd place: $200
3rd place: $100
4th place: 30

Division winners: $60 (+$35 X 4)
Wild Card Winners: $20 (+10 X 2)

Stat: 20 X 12

------

I think winning the division and winning the wild card is the most important aspect to the season, and those are the two area that reward the better teams. If you win the division, without winning the best record, you should atleast come close to recovering the capital that you initially invested in the season, since it was a relative success.

And the second aspect would be to raise the wild card money, because again, you could have a really good season and end up with less money than someone who won a category on the year. Atleast in this case, it would be similar.

And since everyone has an equal chance at the categorical money (atleast in theory), I leave that out from the equality aspect of this proposal.

I don't really see the point of rewarding the top two teams even more because I think more than likely, one of them will have the top record, be a division winner, and have equal chances at the categorical money as well. I think this way, or even the way Stephen laid out spreads the money out more, and rewards them in the end anyway (since they would be division winners or wc winners anyway).
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 4:33 pm

Right now, my option is good to vote. Stephen needs a 3rd, and Al's proposal needs a 2nd and 3rd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 6:59 pm

I'll 2nd Alvin's proposal, with the proviso that when we have 3 very similar amendments, that is when they have significant overlap, that we vote only once yea or nay for each amendment, then have a runoff between the top 2 amendment vote-getters, then one last vote on the most popular one which will then need 11 votes to pass. Sounds like a lot, I know, but how to chose otherwise?
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 7:17 pm

If all 3 get full backing. We'd have a poll of the 3. Top vote getter individually would win out. Status Quo really isn't an option as we have $160 that needs to go somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 7:47 pm

Please label each amendment by their proponent and include each's salient points, so we can review their initial reasoning before voting. Thanks, James
Back to top Go down
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 1:33 am

I'll 2nd Al's - I understand getting a 2nd, but what's the purpose behind a 3rd? I mean even in the largest of assembly, you're only required a 2nd. PS - It's missing $50 going somewhere... so I'll 2nd after that gets fixed I guess

Last edited by thome52 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 2:18 am

What about this?

4th place: $50 (+20)

Division winners: $65 (+$40 X 4)
Wild Card Winners: $0 (-10 X 2)
Best Record: $30 (+$30)
Stat: $20 X 12

In addition, since we're paying out $260 total to division winners and adding a little bit to the best overall record, I'd include in the proposal we up the playoff teams to 8. When we pay out that many division winners, I think we should allow as many people into the playoffs as possible and eliminate the byes.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 10:30 am

thome52 wrote:
What about this?

In addition, since we're paying out $260 total to division winners and adding a little bit to the best overall record, I'd include in the proposal we up the playoff teams to 8. When we pay out that many division winners, I think we should allow as many people into the playoffs as possible and eliminate the byes.

8 Playoff teams is a whole different proposal. We're strictly looking at Payout Structure. If you'd like 8 playoff teams, create another thread and get some discussion going for next offseason.

I'm giving this thread a Tuesday deadline for each proposal to get the appropriate backing of a 2nd and a 3rd before we take it to a vote.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 1:57 pm

thome52 wrote:
What about this?

I would be adamantly opposed to this - why wouldn't wild card winners be rewarded? Quite frankly, most years, the 2 wild card teams are BETTER than at least 1 of the division winners. I'm fine leaving more money to division winners and even upping the 4th place, but shafting the wild card winners is an extremely bad idea.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 2:52 pm

jamcam13 wrote:
thome52 wrote:
What about this?

I would be adamantly opposed to this - why wouldn't wild card winners be rewarded? Quite frankly, most years, the 2 wild card teams are BETTER than at least 1 of the division winners. I'm fine leaving more money to division winners and even upping the 4th place, but shafting the wild card winners is an extremely bad idea.

Totally agree with Jammy
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:04 pm

This needs BUMPED and taken to a vote ASAP as we're about to payout time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment   New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Payout Structure - Fantrax Money - Commisioner Amendment
Page 1 of 1