Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Empty
PostSubject: Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups   Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:45 pm

Given all the shenanigans, how does something like this sound.

We create a location here called offline waivers. When a player is called up to the majors and is unowned, you have 3 days from the callup to place your waiver claim AND the player you will be dropping. You then have to wait 16 hrs, like bidding, for someone with a higher priority to claim ahead of you or you win.

If successful, a commish will drop your online waiver priority to 20.

I'm sure there is a hole or two so have at it? Good idea? Total crap? Better than status quo?
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups   Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:27 am

I like the idea, but it needs to be tweaked. I don't think it should be an open claim. Folks at the top of the waiver claim shouldn't be able to see if they need to use their waiver spot or not.

Unfortunately, in order to do blind claims, someone would have to know who's put claims in, so they would know.

I think the waiver claim should be put in day of, then after 24 hours the highest claimer gets it. That leaves the intent of the rule completely intact. The only thing, again, is how to put in that claim.

Regardless, what you have suggested is definitely better than status quo. (though we will still have instances of folks picking guys up and needing to drop, but whatever. If Fantrax did what we were told it could do, this wouldn't be an issue).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups   Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:17 pm

Well yeah, there is the problem that Jam brings up. It essentially creates inside knowledge for the people that are holding a high WW claim, and an inherent advantage.

This can technically be solved with creating a second fantrax site for free, and holding blind bidding there. But I think it's too late to start one this year. Or, we could have a secondary site, that has everyone on the WW, and if some guy gets called up, you get 3 days to make a claim on him. If you make a claim, then your WW gets knocked to the bottom on the EBHD league site. And after 3 days, he'd be free game on the real site anyway.
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

PostSubject: Re: Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups   Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 1:23 pm

One way or another we should solve this issue. I think its the biggest hole in our system and can be resolved for 2014
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups   Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 11:08 pm

jamcam13 wrote:
I like the idea, but it needs to be tweaked. I don't think it should be an open claim.  Folks at the top of the waiver claim shouldn't be able to see if they need to use their waiver spot or not.  

Unfortunately, in order to do blind claims, someone would have to know who's put claims in, so they would know.

I think the waiver claim should be put in day of, then after 24 hours the highest claimer gets it.  That leaves the intent of the rule completely intact. The only thing, again, is how to put in that claim.  

Regardless, what you have suggested is definitely better than status quo. (though we will still have instances of folks picking guys up and needing to drop, but whatever.  If Fantrax did what we were told it could do, this wouldn't be an issue).

I agree, it needs fixed but I don't like the idea of putting my claim freely out there and it getting poached.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups   Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 3:10 pm

weekly waivers is a fix for this and streaming and the other issues discussed
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

PostSubject: Re: Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups   Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 6:01 pm

I would be fine with weekly waivers - I just want this issue resolved as it comes up every year in this league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups   Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:34 am

Why would we go to weekly waivers when we can do daily waivers? Weekly changes some major factors in the league with injury replacements, pitching additions, etc. Why not just have everyone on the ww and every move you make actually makes an impact on your WW?

This would solve the call up problems easily. Fantrax said last year they would have an option for milb to mlb guys, but they backtracked on that.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups   Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:59 am

The King Maker wrote:
Why would we go to weekly waivers when we can do daily waivers?  Weekly changes some major factors in the league with injury replacements, pitching additions, etc.  Why not just have everyone on the ww and every move you make actually makes an impact on your WW?  

This would solve the call up problems easily.  Fantrax said last year they would have an option for milb to mlb guys, but they backtracked on that.  

I agree with this. Too many things happen daily to have weekly waivers.
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

PostSubject: Re: Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups   Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:20 pm

Cool with daily waivers too. This has really been my only gripe over the last couple years and am open to any solution
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups   Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Yeah, I was actually kind of surprised daily waivers were voted down last year, figured it was a solution to a major problem last year, but atleast back then had the hope that fantrax was going to fix the issue, but they went backwards.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups   Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:07 pm

I second the notion that daily waivers be brought back up this year. I'd say this topic is sound and ready to go towards a vote when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups   Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offline Waiver Proposal for Call Ups
Page 1 of 1