Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Empty
PostSubject: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Hey, if anyone wants to talk or suggest about a rule change, can you post it here? Right now we're looking to fill out the league for a couple teams that are empty, but once thats done, we can move onto the rules. Please put a suggestion as to rule changes, and if its not met with vehement opposition or doesn't alter the league in a significant way (such as say adding a bunch of categories to the stats or something), we'll try to set up a vote on it for the league.

So if you would like to suggest a rule change or alteration, please write below. Once we get the teams filled out, we can move faster towards a vote if there needs to be one, and then the draft.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Currently, the tie breaker for settling even playoff matchups is the higher seeded team advances. I know this because, I have been eliminated on this rule in each of the last two seasons. Is anyone else open to changing it? I wouldn't mind adding a tie breaker category like OPS or K:BB. Just throwing it out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:08 pm

That's not a bad idea. I wouldnt be opposed to exploring different TB scenarios.
Back to top Go down
headcase524

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Shouldn't tie breaker be regular season head to head record? Personally, I'd like to see the payouts for stat categories be changed so that theres more money given to division winners or maybe best record per month. Giving out money for categories seems so random.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:50 am

No, a tie breaker should not be based on a regular season head to head meeting since a matchup that may have occurred in week 4 may not resemble the same matchup that would take place in the playoffs of week 23.

In addition, the only reason you would like more money given to division winners rather than cat winners is because you currently have a top tier team, the money to cat winners is to keep middle tier teams interested and active throughout the entire season...unless would you prefer to play with yourself and get no money at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:29 am

sorry to change the subject, but is it possible to change the minor league call up/send down rules this year?

it was talked about in this thread https://ebhdbaseball.forumotion.com/league-updates-questions-f2/minor-league-rosters-t1032.htm

quoted by Headcase - "I apologize for the Valbuena situation. I thought that I could send him back down bc he hasnt used up his ROY eligibility yet. That's the way all of my other leagues are. When you have a minor leaguer who gets called up you can move him back and forth between your majors and minors during that first season at your discretion. After his rookie year he has to stay on your major league roster. The way you guys have it, it sounds like you have to be in the minor leagues to be on the minor league roster. So does that mean that you have to call up a guy as soon as he makes it to the majors? Does that mean that I could move Manny down to the minors once he starts his rehab assignment? I feel like there should be some leeway for owners instead of a cut and dry minors only rule."

i really like the suggestion here (moving a Milb player up/down at your own discretion until he passes the rookie ab/ip limit)..
Back to top Go down
headcase524

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:07 pm

I agree with Jake...thanks for bringing that point back up.....as for Knuckleball, thats not my motivation - as I suggested we could give money for something like best record in a given time period which could keep mid tier to low tier teams interested throughout the year....giving the money out for categories just seems so random....but come to think of it whats so wrong about giving out more money for division winners? i may be doing well not but might not be doing well in all years...i didnt win any money last year....i just feel that for that amount of work that goes into winning a 20 team league that the payouts should reflect that
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:51 pm

I like the monthly category winners, but would be open to having an end of the year category winners or giving some winnings to the player who has the best record within their division. I don't like the idea of using all that money to increase the payouts for just the division winner. That's 14-16 others owners money going to 4 other players. Thats sucks, especially since this is a DYNASTY league. If this was a one season and done, i'd have less of a problem with that.

As far as the minor league call up/send down rules. I'd like to look at those for a couple of reasons.
1. We have owners that have players that have well over 500 MLB AB/ 200 IP and I mean well above those numbers not to mention played almost every MLB game last year, but since they were sent down for a rehab assignment during the year was sent down on their fantasy team for the entire year too, and i have a feeling will be sitting there much of this season also. I feel there needs to be some clarification with this minor league rule.
2. Keeps teams from hording players. Especially in positions that are VERY thin in MLB.
3. The quality of teams and ownership increases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:01 am

Allright, thanks for the input. Can everyone get in any more rule changes as fast as possible? Can we agree on a deadline for this to be a week from now? Just so, then we can move on to talking about each of the rule changes mentioned. We appreciate all ideas, and welcome more feedback, so if anyone has any more suggestions, can you please suggest it in the coming week. Then we can take the time to talk about the changes, and implement them if needed in the following week(s) or so, and go on from there.

So please get in all suggestions by the 27th of January of the year 2010 of the 21st century of....(ok, I'm done Slim).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:00 am

i always suggest this, but might be the only one - more bench spots?

aaronfoster13 wrote:

As far as the minor league call up/send down rules. I'd like to look at those for a couple of reasons.
1. We have owners that have players that have well over 500 MLB AB/ 200 IP and I mean well above those numbers not to mention played almost every MLB game last year, but since they were sent down for a rehab assignment during the year was sent down on their fantasy team for the entire year too, and i have a feeling will be sitting there much of this season also. I feel there needs to be some clarification with this minor league rule.
2. Keeps teams from hording players. Especially in positions that are VERY thin in MLB.

i don't really understand this.. we all joined a dynasty with big Milb rosters to keep these players... alot of young players take longer then 500 ab / 200 ip before they get regular playing time or become productive (i.e. russel branyan).. and if someone drafted a good group of minors, then kudos to them and they should be allowed to "horde" them for as long as they want, before they decide to use them or trade them.. and i think it would be easier to squeeze them in with bigger benches, but being forced to make roster changes doesn't sound right to me.. otherwise, we all would join regular yearly leagues
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:51 am

aaronfoster13 wrote:
I like the monthly category winners, but would be open to having an end of the year category winners or giving some winnings to the player who has the best record within their division. I don't like the idea of using all that money to increase the payouts for just the division winner. That's 14-16 others owners money going to 4 other players. Thats sucks, especially since this is a DYNASTY league. If this was a one season and done, i'd have less of a problem with that.

I agree for the most part. A player should only be demoted to the minors in fanasty if he has been demoted in reality. And a minor league rehab assignment due to injury is NOT a demotion, so those players cannot be sent to the minors on our rosters.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:00 am

jake wrote:

i don't really understand this.. we all joined a dynasty with big Milb rosters to keep these players... alot of young players take longer then 500 ab / 200 ip before they get regular playing time or become productive (i.e. russel branyan).. and if someone drafted a good group of minors, then kudos to them and they should be allowed to "horde" them for as long as they want, before they decide to use them or trade them.. and i think it would be easier to squeeze them in with bigger benches, but being forced to make roster changes doesn't sound right to me.. otherwise, we all would join regular yearly leagues

I totally agree with Jake here... theres a reason I acquired guys like Blake DeWitt, Elijah Dukes, Michael Saunders, and Matt LaPorta. Yea they've all had their cups of coffee, Dukes and DeWitt even have exhausted their rookie eligibility but I acquired them with an intent to stash them until they get an everyday big league jobs and not just spot starts while they exhaust their eligibility. This allows me to have vets like Posada, Juan Pierre, and John Smoltz on my Active Roster bench, thus making my entire team deeper and stronger for not only the future but now. I really just see the only complaints here as bitching because some guys in this league don't seem to make minors a priority. One's strategy is up to them but don't complain when your teams struggling to be .500 after 2 years in this league because you traded away all your draft picks and didn't make having a strong minor league team a priority. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:21 pm

I'm just trying to get us to have some standard for Minor League Players and Major League Players. (And I'm not blaming these owners, just pointing out a few players for example) Chris Coghlin played in 128 games and 504 AB's, Elijah Dukes over 800 career AB's, Brian Bannister 539 Career Innings pitched. I think there is some strategy, but I'm just thinking of the quality of the entire league, not just your team.

Don't get me wrong, if you drafted or aquired rookies and such, great for you, most deserving! Just that I feel that the minor league system, needs to be just that, a minor league system. Not with guys that are on Major League rosters all year long..or 2 years...or 3 years..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:46 am

aaronfoster13 wrote:
I'm just trying to get us to have some standard for Minor League Players and Major League Players. (And I'm not blaming these owners, just pointing out a few players for example) Chris Coghlin played in 128 games and 504 AB's, Elijah Dukes over 800 career AB's, Brian Bannister 539 Career Innings pitched. I think there is some strategy, but I'm just thinking of the quality of the entire league, not just your team.

Don't get me wrong, if you drafted or aquired rookies and such, great for you, most deserving! Just that I feel that the minor league system, needs to be just that, a minor league system. Not with guys that are on Major League rosters all year long..or 2 years...or 3 years..

well yea, i see what your saying.. but this isnt real life Mlb.. we dot have 40-man rosters, 30 teams, 4 levels of minors, ect.. i mean look at the marlins trading Jeremy Hermida, maybe he's out of options or something else, so they dump him.. but AT LEAST they got some minor-league depth back from the redsox and its not a total loss... they didnt just drop him... but in this league, what do we do if we can't make a trade before 500 ab? .. its not like being a GM is our actual job, most of us go to school, have jobs, ect.. thats time consuming stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:40 pm

aaronfoster13 wrote:

Wait, I think I'm missing something. I thought the standard was if you own a MiLB player & he gets called up in real life, you may or may not promote him. BUT if you do promote him, the only way you can demote him is if he gets demoted in real life. That's kind of the standard in a dynasty league, only real life MiLB players can be on your fantasy MiLB roster. Is that not the case here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:11 pm

Well thank you for everyone for voicing their concerns. We'll put up some polls this weekend (Most likely Sunday) on this subject, and there will be about a week or so to vote on the matters at hand.

And yes, Alex, that is how it works. Bannister and Dukes were sent to the minors last year at some point I believe, and thats when the owners sent them down. The current rule is what you said, you don't have to bring them up if they are promoted in real life, but once you do bring them up, you can't send them back down unless it happens in real life. The tricky spot is options for these players, where they are sent down in real life after exhausting their rookie status, and if that rule still applies or not.

Anyway, thanks for the input guy, we should have some polls by the end of the weekend.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:59 pm

HighLanderZ wrote:
aaronfoster13 wrote:

Wait, I think I'm missing something. I thought the standard was if you own a MiLB player & he gets called up in real life, you may or may not promote him. BUT if you do promote him, the only way you can demote him is if he gets demoted in real life. That's kind of the standard in a dynasty league, only real life MiLB players can be on your fantasy MiLB roster. Is that not the case here?

You are correct with that. But the problem I'm having with that, is that real life MLB players (everyday players, veterans) are on fantasy MILB rosters. Like some of you pointed out, some guys aren't everyday players or are called up/sent down continually, but as I pointed out earler, some players are everyday MLB players being stashed on fantasy MILB rosters.. I'd just like to have some stricter rules when it comes to MILB rosters. I think the quality of the league would be better, especially the bottom 3rd of the league.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:24 pm

I agree with Jake (will wonders never cease) and murph. I like the rule the way it is. Just because the A's have decided to keep a guy up from the time he's 22, but won't really be ready to contributed until he's 26, 27, I shouldn't lose him. I can "germinate" him while ML teams have different ideas. By me keeping him down in my Mi for a longer period of time, I lose out on his current production in hopes of being able to use him down the line. I shouldn't have to reduce my current Major League roster in order to keep such a player just because I've acquired more talent than I can possibly use for the time being. I should have the perogative of protecting him.

Otherwise, I now not only have to worry about who I'm picking as a Minor Leaguer (which is tough enough), I have to make sure he's in the right system, so I'm not required to drop him before he's usable.

There is a cost to the current system. Guys like Blanks could have helped me last year, but I wanted to make sure he was long term usable before I "used up" his Minor league eligibility in our league. I should have the ability to do that and not be at the mercy of SD dumping a season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:51 pm

Well, time to write up the polls. Should have something up in the middle of the night tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?   Rule Changes For Upcoming Season? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule Changes For Upcoming Season?
Page 1 of 1