Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

League Leadership

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

League Leadership Empty
PostSubject: League Leadership   League Leadership Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2023 4:45 pm

Bryan proposed 3 commissioners.

League Calendar & EBHD forum upkeep
League Treasurer with a backup
League Transactions with a backup

I propose 1 commissioner. With either Assistant Commissioner/s or Assistant/s to the Commissioner as necessary.

I'd also like to remind people it's a pretty thankless job. So help out where you can to make it easier and/or better for everyone.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

League Leadership Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Leadership   League Leadership Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2023 10:45 am

The 3 commissioners are not to do those jobs as you've laid out (though they could be).

It's to have a group to bounce ideas off of/have discussions as league matters come up, etc. From the beginning we have not be run by a dictatorship, and it's actually worked quite well when there were decisions to be made.

The jobs as you've laid out can still be parceled out as you have asked. I think a few people have already been identified for certain things, and hearing no objections, I think the Commissioner team can just put those in place.

I'm still not getting why the connection is being made b/w the work done and the decision making process (which quite honestly is few and far between, but when it does happen as with the COVID year, it was needed). Rob Manfred doesn't do ANY of the actual work (not saying the Commissioner(s) shouldn't, but just pointing out that we should stop conflating the 2 issues).

I am on the side of a 3 commissioner team with the work split out as we've already discussed.

And for the record, I agree Craig can't be trusted as he, himself detailed in the League Safe thread. Not because he's not trustworthy (I assume he is), but because he crossed the line of doing the douchey referring to himself in the 3rd person.
Back to top Go down

League Leadership
Page 1 of 1