Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

League Buy-in

Go down 
+2
bryanmurphy9
thome52
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

League Buy-in Empty
PostSubject: League Buy-in   League Buy-in Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 1:21 am

I'd like to propose we up the buy-in for the league.

I get it is a for fun league, but it still takes an extraordinary amount of time, and because of that I don't think the payoff at the end is justified for the amount of effort we all put in.

So I'd like to propose a $100 buy-in, which would be less than $2 extra, per week of the regular season.

---

I'd also be open to the idea of a gradual increase like $80 in 2016, $100 in 2017

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

League Buy-in Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Buy-in   League Buy-in Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:03 pm

I wouldn't be opposed to this at all. This was BY FAR the most active and competitive year. I think we have some teams that are really here for the long haul. Interested to hear other responses to this.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

League Buy-in Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Buy-in   League Buy-in Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:18 pm

I agree and also with leaving it open to a (separate) vote of a gradual phase in. we'd end up with $700 extra, so on top of increasing the playoff payouts, we could consider other smaller things to keep interest. But, I am muddling issues.
Back to top Go down
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

League Buy-in Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Buy-in   League Buy-in Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:06 am

jamcam13 wrote:
I agree and also with leaving it open to a (separate) vote of a gradual phase in.  we'd end up with $700 extra, so on top of increasing the playoff payouts, we could consider other smaller things to keep interest.  But, I am muddling issues.  
Co-Sign - We could add random extra $ for various things, such as most runs in a week @ end of the season, homers, etc... And up other pay outs while doing it. But yea, probably ahead of ourselves...
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

League Buy-in Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Buy-in   League Buy-in Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 9:18 am

No issues with increasing to $100.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

League Buy-in Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Buy-in   League Buy-in Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 1:53 pm

Id be open to it

edit: typo
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

League Buy-in Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Buy-in   League Buy-in Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Id' be up for $100 buy in but not to have it all distributed to things like category winners. Id rather increase payouts to teams making the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

League Buy-in Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Buy-in   League Buy-in Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:35 pm

Looks like this will go to a vote as well this off-season. Though it's going to need some structuring. We will first need a vote on increasing the league fees, then we will need to vote on how to distribute that extra money. I'd like to get some discussion started on those ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

League Buy-in Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Buy-in   League Buy-in Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Buy-in
Page 1 of 1