Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Potential New Owners in this League

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Potential New Owners in this League Empty
PostSubject: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:49 am

How many squads are we looking at replacing??

I just ask because I have a guy in my other Dynasty League thats highly interested in joining a $ League.
He's won our league the last 3 years running and would be a great addition to our league here. If any of our league Commishes would like to comment him, I could provide you with his email.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:45 pm

sorry havent been here much...3-4 probably...I need to talk to Al and Kevin on what we will do though
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:21 pm

We need to set-up a Winter Schedule, get actual dates set in place for what will happen over the winter like deadline for rules changes, voting for rule changes, Minor League Draft Start, etc.

Gonzo, if you'd like for me to make up a rough schedule and run it by you commish's first, I can. Do you want me to do that??
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

lol into it, eh? Sure if you want but I really dont feel like doing anything til the actual year of 09
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:18 pm

To not start little things about a keeper league as soon as possible is a mistake IMO. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm fine with having the Minor League Draft in January or February. But I just think were being lax with this league because everyone seems to be in football mode. To run this league properly, we need to have a clear cut offseason schedule that we all follow every year. I mean, we can't wait till January and be scrambling to find new owners. When in reality they could have had the prior 3 months to tweak there rosters to there liking. I realize people aren't in full fledge "baseball mode" but there are still things that need to be done. Like each team setting their Off-Season Roster (Getting down to the 25 Active Roster, No DL & making Cuts if need be), Figuring out the Minor League Draft Order, Any possible rule changes and voting, Everyone updating their Forum Rosters, and most importantly we need a confirmation of who will be back next year or not so that we can look for prospective owners. If I'm taking over an orphaned team, I atleast want the courtesy of getting more than a week before Opening Day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:48 am

I happen to agree with Murph on this situation. The least you can do before 09 is find replacement owners. That is a must if the league is going to continue after this 1st season.

Doing the minor league draft is no big deal. That will only last 5 rds and I really could care less what pick I get. As most of the top prospects are already gone. So, I am basically just drawing a name from a hat.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:30 am

bryanmurphy9 wrote:
(Getting down to the 25 Active Roster, No DL & making Cuts if need be), .

I have to admit, I was unaware of this situation. If it is in the rules, then my bad.

If this is in the rules, then I do think we should explore an off-season IR (similar to what I believe sLim suggested in season) that would not carry into the next season. Not sure the exact parameters, but as an example, Tim Hudson (yes, selfish motive) is clearly out for next year. So, do I now have to take a place on my active roster in the off season for him? As is, I need to do that for Marcum since he was never DL'd (unless we somehow change that parameter for the off season IR, which I am not even touching upon here).

It's bad enough that I am going to be hamstringing myself next season with 2 DL spots permanently taken up by Hudson and Marcum, but to have to trim it off season seems to be unfriendly (I don't want to say unfair, as whatever the rule is, as long as we are all abiding by it, it is fair).

For example, it could be if you use an off season IR spot, they must be on your DL (or dropped from your team entirely) until the All-Star game.
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:34 pm

[quote="jamcam13"]
bryanmurphy9 wrote:
(Getting down to the 25 Active Roster, No DL & making Cuts if need be), .

I didnt see that in the rules either FWIW
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 3:11 pm

3 months does not = a week before opening day

Pach and I started looking for managers late last season and the generic response we got is the season doesnt start for 5-6 months. I dont feel like settiling for half ass owners I dont know right away to just to "fill" the league when I know others who are active and may be interested once we get closer to season.

There isnt much to tinker with team wise anyways; no one hear trades outside of 3-4 managers.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:00 am

Quote :
9. Off-Season Moving: You may trade throughtout the off-season, but you may NOT add FAs to your major league roster during the off-season. Also when we set-up the league you must have a 25 man roster and nothing more. It doesnt matter if you have a player who will be on the DL at the start. It is 25 man roster period when we start league each year.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:21 am

Gonzo wrote:
3 months does not = a week before opening day

Pach and I started looking for managers late last season and the generic response we got is the season doesnt start for 5-6 months. I dont feel like settiling for half ass owners I dont know right away to just to "fill" the league when I know others who are active and may be interested once we get closer to season.

There isnt much to tinker with team wise anyways; no one hear trades outside of 3-4 managers.

I realize I may have exaggerated a bit, but my stance remains the same. I feel like there are some little things that need to be tweaked about this league to ensure it runs smoother in year two. I think you and the other commishes did a superb job this year, but were only as strong as our weakest member. What I've found in my other leagues over the years is that the more people that participate in the running of the league, the better it is in the long run. Owners feel entitled to something that they feel they've helped grow. I've offered a couple things,

1.) Planning out an annual off-season schedule that would be put into our rules that we'd abide by every off-season. Of course this would be OK'd by you commishes before made final.

2.) Helping find other owners. I realize we want more than just "half-ass" owners, I explained to you though that I have a guy who would be great for our league and I feel I kind of got turned away. I was simply just trying to help and give this league another great owner.

3.) The rules section needs updated badly, alot of the rules are very open-ended and could be interpreted several ways. Also, several of them are soley for our initial season, which is now over. But there has to be a date for these changes. Whether this is your strategy or not, my planning for next year started the day after the regular season ended. We as owners need to know what to plan for and have dates set up for possible changes to be made.

4.) That being said, maybe we should set up an individual forum for off season rule changes where ideas can be given and then at a certian date, the proposal period will close and we wll vote on the proposals for say a week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:28 pm

Yeah, right now people are kinda tired from baseball, having either won or lost their leagues. We kinda want to wait till baseball is over, then maybe another 2-3 weeks for baseball withdrawl to set in, and then go after owners. Strategy, lol.

1) There is only like 2-3 things to do in the offseason anyway right? Find new owners, conduct a draft, and maybe have a rule ammending discussion. Other stuff concerns individual owners and probably not the whole league.

2) We kinda want to wait for baseball withdrawl, and then pounce, lol.

3) We'll have to talk about this.

4) I don't mind that idea.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:47 pm

point taken; Ill talk To Pach
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:55 am

i have baseball overload right now .. i played in 4 leagues this year, with alot of effort, and current;y enjoying the playoffs and watching Cole Hamels getting some serious household name recognition he deserves .... i cant wait for that baseball withdrawal feeling again, but right now its not even close haha... i dont even watch other sports, i must be getting old
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:44 pm

I'm head high in football right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:39 pm

Around the time of the MLB winter meetings is when I start thinking about baseball again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential New Owners in this League   Potential New Owners in this League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potential New Owners in this League
Page 1 of 1