Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ethical Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Ethical Question Empty
PostSubject: Ethical Question   Ethical Question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:20 am

So, Louisiana, Mammoth and Gibsonia are battling for the Wild Card. The Plant plays Louisiana and Gibsonia the last 2 weeks. How much would each of you pay me to sandbag (or not sandbag, as the case may be) either or both of my last 2 weeks?

Doesn't matter. I would never do it. Just funny how that works out.

The real question is this (which I've seen variation of on Rotoworld, but this one has a twist):

This week, Lightning has no closers to speak of, but plenty of Holds guys. I am currently 1 save ahead of Shames for the "monthly" saves prize with 2 weeks to go.

1) If I am playing all out for the week, it is obvious, I pull 1 of my 3 closers to add a holds guy (that I already would have on my bench).

2) But, if I am playing for the monthly prize, it is equally a no brainer that I leave my 3 closers in and holds (and ERA and Whip) will play themselves out for the week without my optimal line-up (given the match-up).

I have a 9.5 game lead on my bye, so while I am concerned, I am not overly concerned about that with 2 weeks to go.

So, what is it? Is #2 unethical (or unseemly or whatever term you'd like to use) b/c I am clearly not putting my best team out there to win THIS week? Or, is it ok b/c I should do what is best for my team (and my wallet)?
Back to top Go down

Ethical Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethical Question   Ethical Question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:39 am

There's a wild card? Awesome!

I see nothing wrong with 2 - seems to me that if a league has these sorts of stat prizes, it's implicitly authorizing people to consider them (and not simply winning) in managing their team.
Back to top Go down

Ethical Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethical Question   Ethical Question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:46 pm

I'm all for you sandbagging it this week! A nice 11-1 win by my squad puts me right back in the bye week mix if you only win two or three cats!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Ethical Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethical Question   Ethical Question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:10 pm

lol
Back to top Go down

Ethical Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethical Question   Ethical Question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:01 pm

I'm all for you sandbagging this week as well, listen to the masses Jam, listen to the people!!!!
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Ethical Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethical Question   Ethical Question Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:12 am

The King Maker wrote:
I'm all for you sandbagging this week as well, listen to the masses Jam, listen to the people!!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Ethical Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethical Question   Ethical Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:22 pm

Quote :
I am currently 1 save ahead of Shames for the "monthly" saves prize with 2 weeks to go.

This may be a dumb question, but how do we find out who is leading and so what for these monthly prizes??
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Ethical Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethical Question   Ethical Question Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:57 am

bryanmurphy9 wrote:
Quote :
I am currently 1 save ahead of Shames for the "monthly" saves prize with 2 weeks to go.

This may be a dumb question, but how do we find out who is leading and so what for these monthly prizes??

I have to say, this is the one thing I don't like about CBS (though I'm not sure any other site does this well either).

The easiest way, is at the end of the 4th week of the "Month" in question, you look at the team total stats for the last 28 days and sort, then just track the next week (or 2 in this "month's" case).

But, you can also, just look at period by period stats and add them up. If you first look at last 28 days at any point, you will see that there are about 4 or 5 teams that you probably need to track back for any category. It's a bit tedious, but my guess is you're really only going to want to do this for a category your team has a chance at.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Ethical Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethical Question   Ethical Question Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:28 pm

what jamcam said
Back to top Go down

Ethical Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethical Question   Ethical Question Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:14 pm

bryanmurphy9 wrote:
Quote :

Don't believe them, its actually a paid service. They pay me $20, and I look on my magic computer, and it appears. You can add up the stats and all, but its all wrong. You have to hear it from me for it to be correct.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Ethical Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethical Question   Ethical Question Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:59 pm

The King Maker wrote:
bryanmurphy9 wrote:
Quote :

Don't believe them, its actually a paid service. They pay me $20, and I look on my magic computer, and it appears. You can add up the stats and all, but its all wrong. You have to hear it from me for it to be correct.

dont lie to them; you know you can't add
Back to top Go down

Ethical Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethical Question   Ethical Question Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:18 am

Gonzo wrote:
The King Maker wrote:
bryanmurphy9 wrote:
Quote :

dont lie to them; you know you can't add

I have personal secretaries to do that for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ethical Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethical Question   Ethical Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ethical Question
Page 1 of 1