Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about Pedro

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Question about Pedro Empty
PostSubject: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:00 pm

With a guy like Pedro, who is already on my team, if I cut him, is he eligible to be signed by anyone? Or is he ineligible until he signs with a major league team, and at that point, become available in the FA pool?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Off the top of my head. If you cut him, he is fair game. He has plenty of MLB IP. This would be a different scenario than an international player signing a major league contract. Just like how Jermaine Dye can be owned.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:31 am

It's the Ben Sheets rule! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:49 am

Since I wasn't here last year, I'm not sure what that means. Am I allowed to cut him and then have exclusive rights to pick him up if/when he signs somewhere? Or do I have to carry him all year if I want to hang onto him?
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:32 pm

I didn't mean to confuse. I thought soxman answered. He is free game to everyone if you cut him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Thanks. In that case, I will hang onto him. Unless someone wants to give me a 3rd round pick to have him for the stretch run...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:27 am

can we get rid of this stupid rule already?!! .. i feel Mitty's pain because i know how bad it is to waste a roster spot in this league.. none of you jerks are gonna trade for him, so just let him stash Pedro on a safe-list... jeez, give the guy a break
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:44 pm

jake wrote:
can we get rid of this stupid rule already?!! .. i feel Mitty's pain because i know how bad it is to waste a roster spot in this league.. none of you jerks are gonna trade for him, so just let him stash Pedro on a safe-list... jeez, give the guy a break

Actually, it is a different situation than Ben Sheets of last season. Last season Sheets was injured & unemployed, so there was no club to put him on a real life DL. This season Pedro is healthy & unemployed, so no safe list applies. If Pedro were to be cut in EBHD, he would be a FA like anyone else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:21 pm

yea, but what i'm saying is its the same result - waste of a roster spot

Last edited by jake on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Actually, now that I think about it, how is Pedro any different from Bryce Harper? Or any other amateur player? Healthy and not on a team. If I cut Pedro, no one should be able to claim him until the time he signs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:29 pm

Mitty81 wrote:
Actually, now that I think about it, how is Pedro any different from Bryce Harper? Or any other amateur player? Healthy and not on a team. If I cut Pedro, no one should be able to claim him until the time he signs.

18 seasons of MLB experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:11 pm

See my team like Jarrod Washburn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:33 pm

spundin wrote:
See my team like Jarrod Washburn.

12 seasons of MLB suckage. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:44 pm

If we allowed veteran players to be safe from other rosters, despite their not being on an MLB roster, we'd just be giving managers dibs on roster spots over the 25 allotted players. If you want to risk rostering an unsigned player like Jermaine Dye, Pedro Martinez, Jarrod Washburn, that's the risk you take. You will not be given a safety net in case they don't get signed. I understand why it would be an attractive option, but it's not feesable. Why give a manager the option to expand their roster, while other managers have no intention of taking the risk until the player is signed/close to signed? What's the next step after that? Give all 20 teams an allotted slot for a veteran who isn't signed? It only makes things complicated. That would be the reasoning for it in my head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Pedro   Question about Pedro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Pedro
Page 1 of 1