Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Poll For The Minor League Draft

Go down 
2 posters

Reverse Order or Random?
Reverse Order
Poll For The Minor League Draft Poll_left86%Poll For The Minor League Draft Poll_right
 86% [ 12 ]
Random
Poll For The Minor League Draft Poll_left14%Poll For The Minor League Draft Poll_right
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Poll For The Minor League Draft Empty
PostSubject: Poll For The Minor League Draft   Poll For The Minor League Draft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 12:53 am

As it stands now in Rule 7: The draft order for our Innaugural EBHD Draft will be determined by a website of our choice. You will be sent a notification of the order by the website to ensure their is no rigging of the order. The Minor League Draft order for year 1 will be the reverse of the Innaugural EBHD Draft Order.

What do you think would be the better option: Reverse Order, or Randomized?
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Poll For The Minor League Draft   Poll For The Minor League Draft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:43 pm

I like reverse to be sure. If you are unfortunate to have the 20th pick in MLB, the best minor leaguers should compensate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll For The Minor League Draft   Poll For The Minor League Draft Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:08 pm

ThunderBalls wrote:
I like reverse to be sure. If you are unfortunate to have the 20th pick in MLB, the best minor leaguers should compensate

Agreed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll For The Minor League Draft   Poll For The Minor League Draft Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:49 pm

Where is a good place to look at prospect rankings so I can start making myself out a draft list.
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

PostSubject: Re: Poll For The Minor League Draft   Poll For The Minor League Draft Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:37 am

P-Train wrote:
Where is a good place to look at prospect rankings so I can start making myself out a draft list.

Baseball Prospectus (subscription)
Baseball America (subscription)
John Sickels' page (free)
ProjectProspect (free)
MiLB.com has 08 prospect rankings right now (free)

just to name a few
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll For The Minor League Draft   Poll For The Minor League Draft Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 11:38 pm

smk1363 wrote:
P-Train wrote:

ProjectProspect (free)

just to name a few

Thanks, and are you a member of any of the pay sites and are they worth the money to subscribe?

Do you draft minor league prospects that are long term prospects or do you lean to draft players that are about to get brought up to the majors?
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

PostSubject: Re: Poll For The Minor League Draft   Poll For The Minor League Draft Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 12:00 am

P-Train wrote:
smk1363 wrote:
P-Train wrote:

ProjectProspect (free)

just to name a few

Thanks, and are you a member of any of the pay sites and are they worth the money to subscribe?

Do you draft minor league prospects that are long term prospects or do you lean to draft players that are about to get brought up to the majors?

Baseball America and Baseball Prospectus are both awesome sites...BA is pretty expensive, but it's well worth it...BP is cheaper ($5 /month or so) and its very solid also.
It depends how my MLB draft goes...If I have a solid team right off the bat I might gamble on some of the further away "more upside" guys.

Last edited by on Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll For The Minor League Draft   Poll For The Minor League Draft Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 12:01 am

From those, I think BA is good for getting scouting reports, and BP is good for getting numbers. I also use Scout.com, but that kinda is directed at the bigger market teams in terms. I think all three are pretty good.
The free's are also pretty good to get where everyone is rated in a roundabout way.

And on the prospects issue, it kinda depends on what your goal is. If you have a great MLB team, you will probably target players that have more potential. If you have an MLB team that has aging players (hypothetically say a Glavine) then you would probably want someone who is closer to the majors than on potential.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll For The Minor League Draft   Poll For The Minor League Draft Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 10:48 pm

yea, those sites are all great ... its also good to go to places like milb.com and the baseball cube, and search through individual player stats, and then form your own opinion ... always good to do stuff like that.. especially in a league like this with deep prospect rosters, it can help to find sleepers in the late rounds

as for what kind of prospect to take, sometimes a player's estimated arrival turns out to be completely different with what really happens.. actually it happens alot, so i just try to take the best player available (highest ceiling).. but sometimes its so obvious that a guy will get called up soon, so in some cases i might go for a guy depending on my team's needs (like the others said)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll For The Minor League Draft   Poll For The Minor League Draft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll For The Minor League Draft
Page 1 of 1