Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Empty
PostSubject: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 5:20 pm

Is it time to set a date for the start of the Minor League Draft? With the Major League draft seemingly screeching to a grinding slow down (I'd say halt, but it has moved ever so slowly), maybe having the Minor League Draft going will give folks "incentive" to log on more frequently.

Please, nobody take this as a slight on them. I am sure over the last week or so, we've each had our individual issues that have created a slow-down. However, at least to me, it has seemed to go much slower and obviously, I have no idea why and am in no way suggesting anyone is doing anything that is creating that.

We should make every effort to finish up the regular draft, but at this point, I don't see these last few rounds affecting strategy for the Minor League Draft. I am not suggesting today or tomorrow. Just suggesting perhaps by March 10th (weekdays seem to be the best to keep things moving), so at least we have a target date of this starting regardless of how the Major League Draft meanders in the next week. And, hopefully, we'll even have it done by then. I would also suggest cutting the pick limit time down to 12 hours for the Minor League draft.

Peace. Idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 6:24 pm

jamcam13 wrote:
Please, nobody take this as a slight on them. I am sure over the last week or so, we've each had our individual issues that have created a slow-down. However, at least to me, it has seemed to go much slower and obviously, I have no idea why and am in no way suggesting anyone is doing anything that is creating that.

besides personal stuff, my guess is that some people arent sure who to take ... i probly sound like an ass, but theres about 70 - 80 players in my queue right now .. and 10 of them i'm really honed in on for my next 2 picks... theres alot of good players left with job security and alot of good late round flyers left, so i dont get why its slowed down this much .. but as a whole the draft has moved along pretty fast
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:04 pm

I 2nd this idea. i'm ready to start the minor league draft.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:15 pm

3rd
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:37 pm

I'm ready to make the first pick!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:48 pm

can we get a ruling from thwe commishes.
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:51 pm

P-Train wrote:
can we get a ruling from thwe commishes.

they're avoiding it haha
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:54 pm

I will talk about it with Kevin and Al. My personal preference is yes.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:05 pm

We will being the draft this Friday at 12 AM EDT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:12 am

SWEET!!!!!
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:08 am

Alright you can expect the first pick to be made soon after.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:17 am

Maybe I can make my first pick opening day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:40 am

Lgonzo wrote:
We will being the draft this Friday at 12 AM EDT.

Excellent!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:55 pm

so it starts tonight at midnight?
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:16 pm

YES>...12am tonight would be friday!! Eastern time
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:18 pm

Yes P-Train, Aaron is correct.
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:23 pm

i'm taking pedro cerrano
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:26 pm

Don't expect the 2nd pick until 8 AM or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:23 am

any chance everyone could get together on here at 9 or so tonight and get this draft going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:34 am

P-Train wrote:
any chance everyone could get together on here at 9 or so tonight and get this draft going.

i'll be working until midnight Est, but you can text me.. i'll have a short list with me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:16 pm

are we on track to finish up the draft by opening day?
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:50 pm

P-Train wrote:
are we on track to finish up the draft by opening day?

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:30 am

I'm on track to pass out at work right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date   Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minor Leaguers Draft Start Date
Page 1 of 1