Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Divisions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:38 am

Does anyone want to change division orders this year? Or would you prefer to keep it based on regions?

I no longer live in NY (for real, actually) so I'll be moving out from the NY division because Jeremy (Mitty81) is from NY, so that should fit in with the regional based divisions. I'll be kicking ass in your division BRIAN!!!

Or is there any interest to just mix up all the divisions? Just wondering on this.
Back to top Go down

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:44 am

People do move, so basing divisions on region is a fun idea but it isn't always going to apply. I for one think it's more fun to realign divisions annually. Either way though, I'll live. Cool
Back to top Go down

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Bring it, don't sing it!!!!
Back to top Go down

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Yeah, I personally wanted new divisions each year because it sort of gets boring after some time playing the same people over and over again.

Pack your bags Brian, after this year you're going to move to LA to get away from the East Coast Division (or whatever the division you are in right now is called).
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:18 pm

I like the regional divisions.. if we have to make a few changes every year thats fine. But I don't like the idea of random divisions.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:49 pm

I like the regional divisions. Although I do remember us talking about rearranging based on how people ended up placing the previous year. I'm ok with whatever. I like that fact that you play the same people in your division year to year. It develops rivalries...
Back to top Go down

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Well I was just asking, regional divisions just seemed a tad boring to me. But I'll have some fun with Brian this year.
Back to top Go down

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:07 am

i think a change would be great and breathe some fresh air into the league
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:31 am

jake wrote:

He's just pissed cause he has no chance in the New York Division... KIDDING KIDDING lol!
Back to top Go down

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:54 pm

bryanmurphy9 wrote:
jake wrote:

He's just pissed cause he has no chance in the New York Division... KIDDING KIDDING lol!

are you know ? Shocked

theres some truth in every joke Wink
Back to top Go down

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:46 am

The King Maker wrote:
Yeah, I personally wanted new divisions each year because it sort of gets boring after some time playing the same people over and over again.

Pack your bags Brian, after this year you're going to move to LA to get away from the East Coast Division (or whatever the division you are in right now is called).

New random divisions each season, please.
Back to top Go down

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Yeah, pretty much no way we can have the same divisions again next year. Need to randomize it. Yes, thats a word!
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:53 am

I have no problem with randomizing the divisions, however, I do not believe that it will achieve the parity that people are truly thinking will occur.

If the divisions were rearranged, there will still be teams left on the outside looking in when the season comes to a close given that only 6 teams out of 20 make the playoffs.

With yearly turnover because of the minor league draft, there is no guarantee that a "randomly picked" division will not turn into another NY division. For example, if you are trying to balance the powers at the top, how would you judge Caulk Blockers. Given the major league talent present in the minors, he could easily shift that up and possibly be a top notch contender, but do you justify him as one or base it off the fact that he currently has the worst record.

If what you truly are looking to achieve is the top 6 teams in the playoffs, than the simplest solution is to go without divisions and take the top 6 of the league, however you are still left with 3 extra games in the season before the playoffs would officially begin. Now I can think of a few solutions, but they all lead back to the possibility of one or two teams with better records than what would be the 5th and 6th teams getting screwed.

So the point is, no matter what we try to do to fix the "perceived problem", others just lay ahead, because there is no way to ensure that all teams are injury free and playing at the top of their game during the entire season.

Back to top Go down

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:11 am

Knuckleball wrote:
I have no problem with randomizing the divisions, however, I do not believe that it will achieve the parity that people are truly thinking will occur.

If the divisions were rearranged, there will still be teams left on the outside looking in when the season comes to a close given that only 6 teams out of 20 make the playoffs.

With yearly turnover because of the minor league draft, there is no guarantee that a "randomly picked" division will not turn into another NY division. For example, if you are trying to balance the powers at the top, how would you judge Caulk Blockers. Given the major league talent present in the minors, he could easily shift that up and possibly be a top notch contender, but do you justify him as one or base it off the fact that he currently has the worst record.

If what you truly are looking to achieve is the top 6 teams in the playoffs, than the simplest solution is to go without divisions and take the top 6 of the league, however you are still left with 3 extra games in the season before the playoffs would officially begin. Now I can think of a few solutions, but they all lead back to the possibility of one or two teams with better records than what would be the 5th and 6th teams getting screwed.

So the point is, no matter what we try to do to fix the "perceived problem", others just lay ahead, because there is no way to ensure that all teams are injury free and playing at the top of their game during the entire season.

For me, it’s not even about parity. It’s about relieving the boredom of being in the same division season after season. Regarding parity, one could attempt to construct divisions to be balanced, but there are too many variables involved. There is nothing more fair & objective than a coin flip. Hence, use a site like “random.org” to create divisions. If one division ends up a superpower, that’s life & that’s temporary. I for one can accept the call of a coin flip even if it doesn’t work in my best individual interest, since the division will change next season anyway.
Back to top Go down

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:16 pm

I'll fuck everyone up still cause Brennan Boesch is a man. Mix it up. New challeneges please Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Divisions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divisions   Divisions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Divisions
Page 1 of 1