Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

League Entry Fees / Payouts

Go down 
+2
Mook2buck
Goldy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldy

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2019-02-15

League Entry Fees / Payouts  Empty
PostSubject: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 6:51 pm

I propose that we raise the annual entry fees from $50 to $100 and double each of the payouts.
Back to top Go down
Mook2buck

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2019-03-21

PostSubject: Re: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 7:29 pm

I'm in favor
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 7:51 pm

The entry fee is already $100.

Steve emailed this, so I'll put it here - increase entry fees to $150 and skew the additional $ toward regular season standings and playoff winner bracket (i.e. we can up the categories, but I wouldn't do it proportionately)
Back to top Go down
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 8:11 pm

I’m in favor
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 11:24 pm

I’m in favor and honestly would be in favor of $200. I think with this proposal we need to take a look at payouts as well.
Back to top Go down
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

PostSubject: Re: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2023 11:16 am

We passed an increase before and then updated payments after, if you want to be more specific now for payout breakdown, that would be a good thing.

That being said, it's tough to get new teams in with too high of a buy-in. Perhaps if there was a dynasty pot (something for winning 2 years in a row, or 3 in 5) that would entice people to not only buy in with a cruddy team, but stick around longer.

So I'd propose $150, and of that every team puts $10 toward the dynasty pot every year and we cap it at say $2000.

Another option we did before was discount the buy-in for new owners to like $75 the first two years. We could do that, but would have to understand payouts would be reduced slightly.

Just some thoughts.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2023 11:27 am

I like the dynasty aspect, but would need more education on how it would work. That would also save us from debating the League Safe thing lol.

As for reducing fees - I'm ok for entry, but not so much for year 2. Depending on the year (and this is one of them) there have been opportunities to build teams pretty quickly.

I will now argue the opposite side - I want people who come in committed. I've actually suggested we make everyone pay a year in advance, so they're always invested in the next season. You'd only double pay the first year we move to that. After that, it would be no different (i.e. pay for upcoming year). In that scenario, I could see phasing in the build up of the additional year payment. And, yes, if you exit you leave that fee behind and it can actually give "free" or reduced entry to the new person (or Dynasty pool contribution!)

As is now, it's too easy to either go all in or ignore your team (or cheat - hmmm.. Windy City) in a given year with exiting at the end of the year in mind. If you go back, you will note some curious things that teams did the year they exited. Don't realize until after, but it's fairly clear what happened in hindsight.
Back to top Go down
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

PostSubject: Re: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2023 12:21 pm

In terms of a dynasty pot, it's taking a portion of each team's buy-in and creating a separate pool. That pool grows each year until X/Y/Z happens.

So in this league, if we were to add a dynasty pot, for simple math, I'd say we take $10 from each buy-in and put that in the dynasty pot.

So each year it grows by $200. (Capped at $2000) and when someone wins 2 years in a row, or 3 out of 5 years, they get the dynasty pot, in addition to their normal winnings.
Back to top Go down
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2023 3:21 pm

I'm in favor of having people pay two years of entry fees upfront. I'm also supportive of subsidizing a new joiner's entry fees in the first year.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2023 4:20 pm

thome52 wrote:
In terms of a dynasty pot, it's taking a portion of each team's buy-in and creating a separate pool. That pool grows each year until X/Y/Z happens.

So in this league, if we were to add a dynasty pot, for simple math, I'd say we take $10 from each buy-in and put that in the dynasty pot.

So each year it grows by $200. (Capped at $2000) and when someone wins 2 years in a row, or 3 out of 5 years, they get the dynasty pot, in addition to their normal winnings.

Really love this idea and the discussion around it but it will need to be a separate vote from strictly raising the entry fee. Just as payout structure along with raised entry fee will need to be a separate vote as I’m sure they’ll be more than one option.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2023 8:11 pm

It is going to be amusing when you price out half the league because of this stuff.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2023 10:38 pm

Price out lol.. I mean it looks like $150 is going to win. So a $50 increase for a league where most owners are active 10 months out of the year. If someone loves their team, just can’t afford the $50 extra right now.. contact me via text or email and I’m more than willing to help. To most of us that have been here 10+ years.. $50 over 8-10 months of being very active with our teams in this league is pocket change. If money is tight and you simply don’t have that budgeted, I totally understand.. have been there before. Contact me.. I’ll help. This league and the folks that have been here are important to me.
Back to top Go down
Mook2buck

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2019-03-21

PostSubject: Re: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2023 12:02 am

150 works for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League Entry Fees / Payouts    League Entry Fees / Payouts  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Entry Fees / Payouts
Page 1 of 1