Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trade Council for new owners - 2018 Amendment proposal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Trade Council for new owners - 2018 Amendment proposal Empty
PostSubject: Trade Council for new owners - 2018 Amendment proposal   Trade Council for new owners - 2018 Amendment proposal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Given the recent activity on deals, proposing a trade council for next year for these for the health of the league, this isn't intended to penalize anyone. My thinking is this is really for new owners only in their first year, but could apply more broadly. I think this added scrutiny is needed especially as the new owners dont have to pay dues - there is no impact to trading all their best players and bouncing at the end of the year.

So what is the actual Council?

The group I think makes sense here are: TBud, Hustlers, Jammy, Me, Craig. Why these? All founders of this league, havent brought anyone new into it for several years, not commissioners, all active and generally respond to notes within a day. Apologies if I didnt hit all that fit this condition.

What does it entail? When a new manager makes a deal, he/she communicates that to one of the council (form of communication TBD). Council member evaluates it and if its rational, approves. If not, council member engages the rest of the council to evaluate. If all members of the council agree its a deal that is bad for the LEAGUE, its then vetoed. If one of them thinks its fine, it passes. Members are excluded should they be a trade partner.

The council will have 24 hrs or less to decide.

Ultimately, this may be a terrible idea, but I think we need a better method to preserve the league's balance and health. Perhaps its going back to a simple 50% veto vote system or something else.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Trade Council for new owners - 2018 Amendment proposal   Trade Council for new owners - 2018 Amendment proposal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 3:30 pm

I am okay with it. Fantrax does allow me to modify the trades to where instead of commissioners approving the deal it can be up to the owners to reject over the course of ___ day(s) and with a specific veto threshold.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Trade Council for new owners - 2018 Amendment proposal   Trade Council for new owners - 2018 Amendment proposal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 9:17 pm

I like the general idea of this proposal though like LWB said.. small tweaks might need made.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Trade Council for new owners - 2018 Amendment proposal   Trade Council for new owners - 2018 Amendment proposal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 3:30 pm

I like a general idea, but I think we need to think about the specific implementation.

One thing that would need to be tweaked is that a single person on the council can approve the trade. Over time, if folks are paying attention, they can identify who is more lenient and pick that person to vet their trades by. Not sure how we do that without making this unnecessarily cumbersome, but even as someone willing to be on this should it go through, I don't want that responsibility, as I would probably be that guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trade Council for new owners - 2018 Amendment proposal   Trade Council for new owners - 2018 Amendment proposal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trade Council for new owners - 2018 Amendment proposal
Page 1 of 1