Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal

Go down 
+4
TeamWex
Knuckleball
thome52
bryanmurphy9
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal Empty
PostSubject: MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal   MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 11:59 pm

Add the ability to roll up to $15 of your bid cash over yearly to the next season.
Back to top Go down
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

PostSubject: Re: MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal   MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 2:02 pm

I'm not a fan of it, I believe the draft is advantage enough.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal   MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 5:16 pm

No on this.
Back to top Go down
TeamWex

TeamWex

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal   MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 11:54 am

IMO this would add another option for teams building for the future. Increasing potential strategies is a good thing. The lone current possibility of "use it or lose it" has the result of artificial high bidding at the end of the year. I consider that a negative. I would support the proposal provided it was a finite limit of $15. Trades of bid cash during a year should not increase the amount of bid cash that can be rolled-over.
Back to top Go down
bradmast

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal   MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 12:27 pm

No on this
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal   MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 2:13 pm

Still not sure if I'm for or against, as I see it both ways. Might be more inclined to think about it if it was a lower amount of rollover like $10. $15 (or half your initial allotment) just seems a bit much. Not a big deal, but as Wex said, it adds a layer of strategy to both trading and bidding and that can never be a bad thing. I think we just have to make sure not too much of a good thing.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal   MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 10:50 pm

I will second Wex's idea to make it $10 instead of $15.
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal   MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 3:10 pm

would rather not go down this road
Back to top Go down
huztler

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal   MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 3:00 pm

I don't see the downside of a carryover. It seems very uncomplicated to me. I think it would encourage reasonable spending of cash as opposed to the "blow it on the first guy" model that we currently implement.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal   MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 11:58 pm

huztler wrote:
I don't see the downside of a carryover. It seems very uncomplicated to me. I think it would encourage  reasonable spending of cash as opposed to the "blow it on the first guy" model that we currently implement.

Have the same thoughts. Along with adding strategy. If you have a full MiLB roster and don't want to drop anyone in 2017 then you can deal $20 of the cash and roll $10 over to 2018 where it could be better utilized. Seems uncomplicated while also adding strategy to the league.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal   MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MiLB Bidding Cash Amendment Proposal
Page 1 of 1