Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Payouts Issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Payouts Issue  Empty
PostSubject: Payouts Issue    Payouts Issue  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:30 pm

I sent out an email in regards to LeagueSafe to make sure we do not have the issue of late payments and possibly the threat of no payments like we encountered last year. While asking for input on LeagueSafe, Craig volunteered to be our treasurer of sorts. I'm not opposed to that idea as well if it's voted upon and has greater fine details than our previous system of splitting the money up and it be paid out from different parties.

So I'm proposing we take both of the following to a league vote this off-season (and I'd also like more thoughts on both):

LeagueSafe Option - website dedicated to league payments (does come with some fees when it comes to either paying your league dues and getting paid depending on the method)

Appointed League Treasurer - if this option is the one that'd win I'd like to see us have one dedicated PayPal account for our league. The commishes would have access along with the treasurer but he alone would be responsible for seeing league dues are paid and then paying out the winnings by a scheduled date.
Back to top Go down
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

Payouts Issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payouts Issue    Payouts Issue  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 2:08 am

Personally, I think LeagueSafe is the best option. No offense to anyone in the league that wants to handle the money, but what happens if they get hit by a bus in June? We're all out that money.

If it's a commish controlled account/email, who is setting up the bank account with it?

It only costs $2.00 to get a check, $7.00 for expedited check, or $5.00 for a bank transfer to receive your money and there is no charge to pay it.

I think we can probably adjust payouts of the league so we sat aside $40 from the league, and that gets divided up equally to everyone that is getting paid that season. 5 people win money, $8 - everybody somehow won something, cool $2 each. Either way it's covered getting people paid back.

Another thing to consider, is we have some turnover in the league, it's fairly unsettling sending some random person $75 via Paypal in hopes you'll get it back at some point in time. I really wasn't comfortable doing it, but I'm a degenerate gambler and it was all going to go to hookers and cocaine anyway.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Payouts Issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payouts Issue    Payouts Issue  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 3:40 pm

To me it's like insurance. It isn't worth $5 to protect $75 to use a service. that's more expensive ratio than health insurance! But whatever the group decides, I'm fine with. And it's not like those services are fdic insured either.
Back to top Go down
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

Payouts Issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payouts Issue    Payouts Issue  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 2:58 am

Fantrax also has a service, where they don't take anything off the top if you send in a check, but they'd charge 2.5 percent if using paypal or credit card to pay. But it'd simply cost someone a stamp and they'd send out check or they can use paypal too.

FANTRAX TREASURER
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Payouts Issue  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payouts Issue    Payouts Issue  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Payouts Issue
Page 1 of 1