Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In-Season MiLB Bidding Rule Modification Suggestion for 2016

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

In-Season MiLB Bidding Rule Modification Suggestion for 2016 Empty
PostSubject: In-Season MiLB Bidding Rule Modification Suggestion for 2016   In-Season MiLB Bidding Rule Modification Suggestion for 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 5:42 am

First, I realize this is early, as both the discussion and voting on changes take place only during the off-season, but I’d like to go ahead and put this out there now for later while I have it weighing so heavily on my mind.

Second, there is an ebb and flow, call it a rhythm if you like, to every baseball game, to every EBHD week, like fewer games and lots of day games on Thursday travel days, more subs playing on Sundays, a travel get-away day for most teams, etc., etc.

The current in-season bidding on MilB has no natural flow, no rhythm; if it did it would inherently promote participation, fewer mistakes, fewer clarifications by a Commish, and less work for the Commish, because there would be fewer time calculations. We would all be on the same page each day, each week.

Proposed change:
    1. Nominations can be made only on Saturdays through Wednesdays.
    2. The minimum, not maximum, increase in each overbid is a follows:

• $1 on Saturdays through Wednesdays;

• $3 on Thursdays;

• $5 on Fridays.

3. The bidding on each nominated player ends at Midnight on the first Friday following his nomination. Time is measured in Pacific Coast Time, always.

Simple, straight forward.
James
Siulver
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: In-Season MiLB Bidding Rule Modification Suggestion for 2016   In-Season MiLB Bidding Rule Modification Suggestion for 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 1:51 pm

I'm not saying this is a bad idea. But I don't believe the bidding is broke this way.

It's honestly rather simple the issue.. There's a few teams (including myself) that take time to play the bidding system and it pays off for them. Some guys end the year with $30 left to spend. It's the equivalent of not setting your lineup with 3 injured players in it. You can use that bid cash or trade it to either help your MLB roster or acquire future picks.

I'll be honest, when's there's 4-5 guys up for bid I usually stay away because prices get inflated. Or I might even bid a guy up with no intention of winning him because I see 4-5 guys have bid on same player. I'll wait to place a bid until 8-9 at night knowing not as many ppl will get on the forum in the middle of the night. It's all strategy as I see it.

And I think your proposal, while I see its point.. Takes some strategy away from the bidding game.

Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: In-Season MiLB Bidding Rule Modification Suggestion for 2016   In-Season MiLB Bidding Rule Modification Suggestion for 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 4:38 pm

Ugh. This would be confusing. I think we should just expand the time to 24 hours. I think the 16 hour clock was created as a compromise in the original draft to give folks time to work and compensate for time difference. Then it just carried over. I think a simple 24 hours would work, and then it's very simple that you have to check in daily to ensure you don't miss anyone. I find the bid at 8 PM to kill most of the clock not great (though I do understand it). The 24 hour clock would eliminate that and give a very simple way to ensure you don't miss a guy that's bid on.

YEs, there will be times you will be away for a day and oh, well. If you wanted that guy that bad, dig him out yourself and start the bidding earlier so you can "control" it.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: In-Season MiLB Bidding Rule Modification Suggestion for 2016   In-Season MiLB Bidding Rule Modification Suggestion for 2016 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 12:24 am

Did not see enough support to garner vote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In-Season MiLB Bidding Rule Modification Suggestion for 2016   In-Season MiLB Bidding Rule Modification Suggestion for 2016 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In-Season MiLB Bidding Rule Modification Suggestion for 2016
Page 1 of 1