Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Change from CBS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Change from CBS Empty
PostSubject: Change from CBS   Change from CBS Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:15 pm

I personally think it's time to change from CBS.

The only other site that I can think of that is useful for a dynasty league is Fantrax. I sent them a few questions that need to be answered about lineup settings and customizable rosters.

Their premium service is $59. So we'd save some money from CBS.

Main option I'd like to know about is their lineup settings and if we can set our lineups 5 mins before the start of each player's games, rather than curse the Cubs for playing at daytime all the time.

And second being, if we can create random players so you can stash the 14 yr old, your team signed.

Anyway, would like discussion on this. Agreement, opposition, concern, whatever. Once I hear back from them, I'll post the details. And then we can vote on it. But for now, discuss.
Back to top Go down

Change from CBS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change from CBS   Change from CBS Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Update from Fantrax:

1. Lineups 5 mins before game time. Major need, IMO.

2. Can't create own players, but they did say that we could just request a player be added, and they will do so. Minor set back. Although they did respond pretty quickly to my email to them.

Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Change from CBS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change from CBS   Change from CBS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 2:33 pm

Does Fantrax have a smart phone app?
Back to top Go down

Change from CBS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change from CBS   Change from CBS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:41 pm

They do not, as of now. But they did say the app would be released before the start of baseball season on iOS and android.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Change from CBS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change from CBS   Change from CBS Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:32 pm

A few other questions about fantrax... how is their minors system? Would everyone be up for doing lineup changes up until each players game starts?

I'll add that you can always just go to the site on your smartphone and make changes. No app needed.
Back to top Go down

Change from CBS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change from CBS   Change from CBS Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 pm

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Fantrax has this option where we can have a setting, that allows us to have any unowned Milb player that gets called up to automatically go on the WW to avoid the problem we had last year. Other than that, we do get customizable minors. Only drawback is not being able to add placeholders ourselves, but having to ask them about it.

I personally love the game start timing option, just because the Cubs always end up screwing me over with the day time starts.

Anyone have any more questions? I'll send them an email later to clarify any doubts, but I'd like to send it as one, instead of just sending one after another, so please ask about any questions you may have about the website, before deciding, soon.
Back to top Go down

Change from CBS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change from CBS   Change from CBS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:48 pm

BTW, another issue was with players being called up that weren't owned last year. Fantrax would automatically fix that I believe, but if we vote against it, we would also need to throw that into the suggestions for changes. It's a secondary issue, so I'll just throw it in here.
Back to top Go down

Change from CBS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change from CBS   Change from CBS Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Does Fantrax have an iOS / Android app? I'm not a huge fan of CBS but at least they are starting to update their app.
Back to top Go down

Change from CBS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change from CBS   Change from CBS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:07 pm

They are apparently working on one, not yet though. Although they did tell me that they should have it by the time the season rolls around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Change from CBS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change from CBS   Change from CBS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change from CBS
Page 1 of 1