Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft

Go down 
2 posters

Roster Trimming
Status Quo
Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Poll_left56%Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Poll_right
 56% [ 9 ]
Status Quo, Trade Limited
Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Poll_left0%Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Poll_right
 0% [ 0 ]
25/20 during draft
Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Poll_left0%Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Poll_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Cut 2 days before draft
Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Poll_left44%Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Poll_right
 44% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Empty
PostSubject: Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft   Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:34 am

Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft.

A Keep current rule

B Keep current rule but lock teams from trading until they meet 25/20

C Cut to 25/20 during the draft

D Cut two days prior to draft

Poll is up for 15 days
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft   Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Just a clarification for those selecting D (since Al failed to include the full description of Bryan's proposal) but that would mean all draft picks would count towards your 20 man minor league limit prior to the draft.

If there was confusion and someone would like to re-vote because they did not read the corresponding dialogue, let Al or myself know.

https://ebhdbaseball.forumotion.com/t1682-milb-draft

Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft   Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:03 pm

I'd like a modification to 4. I think you should be able to drop as you go in the Minor League draft as you need to. That way, in the 3rd round (for example), you could decide to draft or pass and not have to guess what might be available then. However, you must keep a legal roster throughout the draft (starting 2 days before).

That is, if you have 19 Mi players, you don't need to cut any until you would go over in your normal draft (or pass on said players).
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft   Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:36 am

jamcam13 wrote:
I'd like a modification to 4. I think you should be able to drop as you go in the Minor League draft as you need to. That way, in the 3rd round (for example), you could decide to draft or pass and not have to guess what might be available then. However, you must keep a legal roster throughout the draft (starting 2 days before).

That is, if you have 19 Mi players, you don't need to cut any until you would go over in your normal draft (or pass on said players).

That was option C (Cut to 25/20 during the draft)
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft   Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:57 am

Knuckleball wrote:
jamcam13 wrote:

That was option C (Cut to 25/20 during the draft)

I don't see that as the same. Maybe, I'm not explaining myself. I think the ML roster should be 25 to start the draft (I actually think we should be required to do that sooner, but so be it).

I think the Mi is not the same issue b/c without the DL slots, you'd never be OVER 20. But, I think if you have 18, you shouldn't have to cut the 1 until you need to.

Option C says you can have 28 on the ML roster during the draft (unless I am reading that wrong) - i.e. - I have to cut to 25 sometime during the draft. Maybe, I'm reading that wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft   Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trimming Roster for the MiLB Draft
Page 1 of 1