Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Minor League Qualifications and Activations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Minor League Qualifications and Activations Empty
PostSubject: Minor League Qualifications and Activations   Minor League Qualifications and Activations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:00 pm

I think something that needs looked at is our policy that an MiLB player may not be activated until he plays 1 game for his Major League Club. I think this is micro-managing a bit and leads to some tough decisions and technicalities for owners in this league. As example, last year I drafted Nishioka from the Twins in the MiLB Draft and he had to be kept on my MiLB roster until he'd played a game. Then I was allowed to swap him and Chris Carter (who had started the year in the minors). Just seems like a hassle when we could write in a provision stating that if you wish, you may activate any MiLB player whenever they are officially placed on the Major League 25 man active roster. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
headcase524

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Qualifications and Activations   Minor League Qualifications and Activations Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 5:56 pm

I agree with this. I think u should be allowed to start someone as soon as they are in the majors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Qualifications and Activations   Minor League Qualifications and Activations Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:28 am

Makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Qualifications and Activations   Minor League Qualifications and Activations Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Well the 1 game played rule is there mostly for Milb pickups I believe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Qualifications and Activations   Minor League Qualifications and Activations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Yeah it would be better to differentiate between the two. I was reading as if you already roster them, then they could be promoted once they are and not a MiLB FA being promoted then being signed by a team...
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Qualifications and Activations   Minor League Qualifications and Activations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:21 pm

Okay, I can work on the wording for the language.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Qualifications and Activations   Minor League Qualifications and Activations Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:16 am

spundin wrote:
Yeah it would be better to differentiate between the two. I was reading as if you already roster them, then they could be promoted once they are and not a MiLB FA being promoted then being signed by a team...

I agree with this. If you have them, you can bring them up whenever you want. If you don't have them, they are Mi and subject to the bidding until they are officially in the Majors via playing a game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Qualifications and Activations   Minor League Qualifications and Activations Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:48 pm

The King Maker wrote:
Well the 1 game played rule is there mostly for Milb pickups I believe.

This was discussed last season and it was agreed that when the official release goes out that someone is being called up they are eligible to be added to your roster. I agree though when someone is called up we should be able to pull them up to use them that game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Qualifications and Activations   Minor League Qualifications and Activations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minor League Qualifications and Activations
Page 1 of 1