Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Minor League Bidding Changes

Go down 
+3
aaronfoster13
smk1363
Gonzo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Minor League Bidding Changes Empty
PostSubject: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:13 pm

Two changes to speak of

1. 30 Bidding Credits instead of 100. Last season only 5 users spent more than 30 and 3 of those users spent almost all of it one guy just because they could. Enough of this cycle through every player possible daily.

2. 16 Hour Window (12 last year). Hopefully this extra 4 hrs helps out those guys like malta who dont bid at 1 AM cheers

Also I updated the whole minors list; lemme know if I missed something.

- Thanks
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:20 pm

Why can't I open up a new bidding thread?
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:55 pm

posted in the thread below

because no one listens,,,dont sign players, just win bids and leave them there, dont post transactions, cant post simple things like sign name, pos, team...instead it is like i am playing with a rubic cube trying to update everything
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:56 pm

How about this; add a 16 hour window to sign a MiLB player after that 16 hour window to win a bid. If that player is not added after that 16 hours, that player goes back onto the market AND that GM still loses the bid money!
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:51 pm

ill re-open after the all star break

then re close a day later when someone else doesnt listen Smile

ill get some guidelines out tomorrow maybe; yea something like what alex is saying....maybe 24 hrs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:51 pm

Can we do away with the bidding process? The league rosters 400 MiLBers and we now have an amateur draft. All these minor leaguers get picked up long before they become established as premier prospects. Why not go to first come, first served.

If you want a player, pick him up on the CBS site. If he's not in the CBS database, post it in the MiLB transaction forum. Between those two transaction lists, we'd have a perpetually updated list of owned players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:19 am

I like the MiLB bidding process, & I wish we had it in our other dynasty league.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:30 am

I like the bidding system and it's fair, so know your role and shut your mouth...

Minor League Bidding Changes 22_the10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:09 pm

First come, first served is fair, less complicated, and quicker

Is there any reason to keep it? other than "I like it" and an oddly misplaced picture of the rock? Compelling arguments, but I remain unconvinced.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Well for one, some people do work and don't have computer access until later in the evening. Meaning those people who have access ALL-DAY can get up to the minute updates from injuries, and transactions from the minors and minor websites. Also, it gives teams who are crummy a chance to improve their major league team throw the minor league bidding system throughout the year, not just the 3 round draft or trading away solid veterens for young talent. I think its matter of keeping the league competitive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:26 pm

bad teams can still add players outside of the draft. In fact, they wouldn't have to bid for them, they just add them.

Premier prospects don't happen in an afternoon while you're at work, they happen gradually over time.

I see this go-get-a-job sentiment in every competitive league I'm in. I am part of "some" people. I'm out of the office most of the summer and don't have internet access during the day. There's plenty of time in the week to do a bit of minor league research, and the type of worthwhile prospects available in our league are more than a few injuries away from a big league starting job.

And in addition to simplicity and convenience, I'm worried about the people that wait until a player gets put up for bids, run the prospect through google, and sift through a free stat line and scouting report - all within 10 minutes. Hell, some don't even bother, they just bid up owners that they perceive as knowledgeable.

But I'm not rallying much support here. It's not a big enough deal to devote anymore time to, so I'm done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:45 am

aaronfoster13 wrote:
Well for one, some people do work and don't have computer access until later in the evening. Meaning those people who have access ALL-DAY can get up to the minute updates from injuries, and transactions from the minors and minor websites. Also, it gives teams who are crummy a chance to improve their major league team throw the minor league bidding system throughout the year, not just the 3 round draft or trading away solid veterens for young talent. I think its matter of keeping the league competitive.

Agreed. I do not view the "first come, first served" approach as being fair. That approach is just convenient, but not fair. And the bidding system is not complicated at all. It's extremely simple & fun. I think if you really want to add a prospect & bet on the future, there should be some work involved, thus the bidding system works.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:20 am

I don't know if this is possible, and might take some work. It might require each one of the 17 non-Admin members to get a separate user group. But is it possible that we can create these different user groups, and then provide a forum which only you see. Somewhat like how only the admins see the admin forum. But each one of you gets your little own forum, which you can view, and all three admins can view. And whenever you make a bid, for it to be legal, you have to post in this parallel sub-forum or area, on who you are going to drop, or what type of transaction it is. For the admins, its 17 extra little forums, but atleast it takes a lot of the guess work out of it, since if you don't post there, your bid would be considered illegal. I'm just saying this because I'm guessing no one wants to tip their hand on who they might drop if they win a bid or something.

Would something like that work?

For everyone else, you see one little area, where only you can post (and obviously any admin) and only you can see (again, other than admin) so you don't have to feel like you're tipping hands there. It'd take a bit of work at first, but it'd probably alleviate work in the future.

I'm not entirely sure its possible it can be done, but theoretically I think its somewhat do-able. Don't know the ins and outs of a message board though. Just proposing it.

And on the free for all, well I think it takes away competitive balance. Because if my team sucks, and there was no bidding, I'd drop most of my below average players (Not that I have any, mind you, lol) and just pick up stud prospect, and hold them as trade chips in the offseason. With the bidding, you can't go THAT crazy with prospects, because others can outbid you for a certain prospect. Also the ability to check prospects once someone bids on them also helps competitive balance. Someone might have popped up on a BA hot sheet or something, and I may have BA, but not read it till the weekend or something. It'd help if I came here, saw a prospect, and saw the hot sheet or any other scouting report, and decide to bid or not. Adds a somewhat of a checks and balances system to milb free agent acquisitions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:29 pm

The King Maker wrote:
I don't know if this is possible, and might take some work. It might require each one of the 17 non-Admin members to get a separate user group. But is it possible that we can create these different user groups, and then provide a forum which only you see. Somewhat like how only the admins see the admin forum. But each one of you gets your little own forum, which you can view, and all three admins can view. And whenever you make a bid, for it to be legal, you have to post in this parallel sub-forum or area, on who you are going to drop, or what type of transaction it is. For the admins, its 17 extra little forums, but atleast it takes a lot of the guess work out of it, since if you don't post there, your bid would be considered illegal. I'm just saying this because I'm guessing no one wants to tip their hand on who they might drop if they win a bid or something.

Would something like that work?

For everyone else, you see one little area, where only you can post (and obviously any admin) and only you can see (again, other than admin) so you don't have to feel like you're tipping hands there. It'd take a bit of work at first, but it'd probably alleviate work in the future.

I'm not entirely sure its possible it can be done, but theoretically I think its somewhat do-able. Don't know the ins and outs of a message board though. Just proposing it.

And on the free for all, well I think it takes away competitive balance. Because if my team sucks, and there was no bidding, I'd drop most of my below average players (Not that I have any, mind you, lol) and just pick up stud prospect, and hold them as trade chips in the offseason. With the bidding, you can't go THAT crazy with prospects, because others can outbid you for a certain prospect. Also the ability to check prospects once someone bids on them also helps competitive balance. Someone might have popped up on a BA hot sheet or something, and I may have BA, but not read it till the weekend or something. It'd help if I came here, saw a prospect, and saw the hot sheet or any other scouting report, and decide to bid or not. Adds a somewhat of a checks and balances system to milb free agent acquisitions.

Sounds like a lot of work. The MiLB bidding system seemed to be fine before, so perhaps I'm missing out on what the issue might be.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:39 am

I don't see any problem with the Milb bidding system. It gives everyone ample time to check and research a player they like. If they are of the lazy kind and just decide to overbid someone on a pick, then they will merely have less money to spend on other players that may pop onto the scene. Lastly, if the best teams want a new Milber and already seems to have a stocked system, then they may be less inclined to bid knowing they would have to give up another prospect but if they do they that dropped player can be had.

Having that extra forum for everyone seems like more work then necessary and would put a slight edge to the commissioners if they know who is being bid on and dropped. Now if the commissioners can not respond with a bid of their own then you are back at square one where no real bidding is being done and you would just be asking for a player to get added to your team.

The only way no bidding would work fairly would be if it was reverted to CBS additions and the implementation of the waiver wire, however, our Milb draft would negate almost 95% of the players that could possibly be added in that fashion.

Therefore, I say we keep the Milb bidding the way it is and just follow Luis' rules about posting your new player and do it in a 24-36 hour time frame after the bid has been won.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:51 am

It seems to me the current system is working, except that folks are not posting who they've won and who they drop. Then, if they do, they're not going over the CBS and doing the actual drop (and I guess add if the player doesn't need to be created).

I think we could keep the current system, and just ask people to follow the instructions as they've been laid out.

I actually like the idea floated by someone that you have 24 hours to make your maneuvers and execute all the necessary (simple) steps, or you lose the player and the money you bid. I'm guessing 1 time, and the perpertrators will either make the necessary changes in the future, or bitch and moan and say the rest of us suck, they hate the league, etc. Either way, problem solved.

FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. Gonzo has set up a very easy protocol to follow. I think I said this in another post - this is supposed to be fun for him, also! I think we can each do a little "work" to make his life a little easier and have the league run smoother.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:56 pm

the system is fine really; its not so much people not being signed...as there is no strict deadline set i cant blame anyone

its just the fact that ask people to just post

Add Bill Robinson, P, Angels
Drop Jim Johnson, OF, Orioles (or; empty slot)

and then you drop the player and add him if hes there (if not ill create him)

instead all i get is

add b.robinson

then i need open up more tabs and try to find him in bidding, then i add him and their roster turns illegal because they didnt drop anyone and i need to go e-mail them and ask. or if they do post who they are dropping, they dont drop them....then i need another tab

doesnt seem like much but it adds up when multiple people do it; goes from a 10 minute update to a 30 minute + update so then i just stop updating daily as i dread it (my fault) and then a 20 minute update becomes a 45 minute update and etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:13 pm

Gonzo wrote:

its just the fact that ask people to just post

Add Bill Robinson, P, Angels
Drop Jim Johnson, OF, Orioles (or; empty slot)

and then you drop the player and add him if hes there (if not ill create him)

this is REALLY easy .. we should pin-point the people that aren't doing it, single them out, and show them how easy it is .. maybe they don't realize the headaches.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:24 pm

When will Minor League Bidding be reinstated??
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:12 pm

never

i dont know...maybe next week
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:28 pm

Why punish owners who do the bidding and signing process correctly? How about we start singling out the ones who aren't and punish them. Not allow them to pickup the players they bid on, lose the bidding cash they spent.. whatever. It's not fair to us owners who do things correctly for bidding to be closed all of a sudden.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:38 pm

It'll open up soon. As soon as my prospect handbook from BA comes in 3 weeks, we're good to go!!!!

It'll open up soon, just needed a break from it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:23 pm

bryanmurphy9 wrote:
Why punish owners who do the bidding and signing process correctly? How about we start singling out the ones who aren't and punish them. Not allow them to pickup the players they bid on, lose the bidding cash they spent.. whatever. It's not fair to us owners who do things correctly for bidding to be closed all of a sudden.

i have the perfect idea - force an NA player onto their Majors roster for an entire season

PUNISH

PUNISH

PUNISH
Back to top Go down
headcase524

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:24 pm

are we doing this again this year?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:42 am

headcase524 wrote:
are we doing this again this year?

Hell yeah! Cool

Bidding should open in about a week. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor League Bidding Changes   Minor League Bidding Changes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minor League Bidding Changes
Page 1 of 1