Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned   2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:04 pm

2010 Draftees can not be added off waivers. That would defeat the purpose of a draft.

Also there is now a MiLB Player Owned list. I also threw names of MiLB players that are on MLB rosters. There are a few guys in the minors that have no business be there, but it is updated. If callups/send downs are posted, then the list will be up to date.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned   2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:38 am

While I totally agree with your statement Gonzo, where in our rules does it say this? I only bring my point up for the future betterment of the league but this is why the league rules need revised and updated to cover all possible scenarios. This sort of thing seems to happen alot where rules are being determined after the fact.
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned   2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:32 am

Is this a reference to a possible Chris Sale September call-up?
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned   2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:51 am

Sean - Yes it is because I have the number 1 waiver position and asked for a league determination about a month ago on this subject.

https://ebhdbaseball.forumotion.com/league-updates-questions-f2/milb-draft-question-t1360.htm

Luis, as to your list of MILB in MLB, do you not remember the vivid discussion the league has already had on the subject and the outcome?

It was determined that any player that had mlb service time and was then sent down to the minors could stay on the major league squad.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned   2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:37 pm

I dont know if it was mentioned before. It would seem to defeat the purpose of the draft though if you have top prospects getting picked off by other teams before the worst teams can pick them (granted stephen has the #1 waiver). We can go back over the rules in the off-season.

I think you misunderstood me Stephen. I am wondering about MLB players in the MiLB not being called up (Perry in my example; but I was referring to players that have produced much more. The bottom list is also just so people know their owned. In no way was I referring to someone rostering MiLB players on MLB as being "wrong."
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned   2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:34 pm

I have no problem with the league ruling, just want it clarified since it is a random instance when a draft pick makes it up before the end of the year.

And thank you for the clarification, did not know how it was suppose to be interpreted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned   2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Gonzo wrote:
In no way was I referring to someone rostering MiLB players on MLB as being "wrong."
why cant we roster ALL MLB on our Milbs?.. seems dumb that teams trying to LOSE are rewarded with roster flexibility that suits them .. but teams trying to win don't get flexibility in the other direction
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned   2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:19 pm

oops
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned   2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:23 pm

same goes for IFA Signings that cant be bidded on. Same reason; need these weaker teams to get better. Too bad I traded all my picks.....

this may be posted somewhere; im not sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned   2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 Draftees and MiLB Players Owned
Page 1 of 1