Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To the entire league...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

To the entire league... Empty
PostSubject: To the entire league...   To the entire league... Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:04 pm

I apologize for my recent actions and comments. Was I intentionally trying to attack anyone, no. Do I feel strongly about some topics, yes. I just need to voice my opinion in a better manner. I just come from a league a keeper league where money wasn't even involved and it was run a little tighter than this league has been. I feel that our commishes do a great job, I just think there could be a few ways to stream line things that would make what they do easier. Maybe this is where I need to step-up and speak-up in an appropriate way as a member of this league to help out.

1.) I think the league constitution/rules needs to be revised to thoroughly cover all possible topics. It was very loosely put together to just cover starting the league. Most topics in it are already outdated.. obviously this would be something that if someone volunteered to do this the commishes would have a final say before it became "official".

2.) Trades - I realize we haven't really had one lopsided deal in this league the entire time, and thats awesome. But heres another rule that we don't really follow...

2. Trades Involving Non Commissioners: ALL trades must be posted on this website in the "Trades Completed" Forum. Each manager must then post "I Accept." Then after that 2 of the 3 commissioners must post "TRADE APPROVED." If 2 or more of us veto it for reasons we will specify then it will not be passed.

I realize this is because guys are busy, especially our commishes and are aren't to check the boards every second. Then we need to come up with a better solution, and change the wording of the rule. If you guys like how its currently been done, one commish sees it... aprroves it and puts it through then fine. Lets make that how the rule is stated.

3.) Another rule that is not followed is the Off-Season updating of League Website Roster. Which I know doesn't help much because we can just go to CBS and check the entire off-season. It just makes it nice and stream-lined that this is where we do most of our off-season work from October through March. It's something that takes about 5-10 minutes, if that to accomplish. I know everyone keeps track of their Minor League guys there too but a nifty idea that I like to do is keep track of my Minor League Picks (My own, My Acquired, and My Traded picks).

4.) I believe any good league should also have a set calendar from year to year that the entire league can go off of. I believe this is especially important in the off-season. A number of things that'd be nice to know..

A.) Minor League Draft
B.) Winter Rosters are set (Meaning all players have to be off DL's and appropriate cuts have to be made)
C.) Possible Rule Changes Deadline
D.) Vote on Rule Changes
E.) When to have your Roster updated at the forums for the Off-Season
F.) League Payments due

If we set up a calendar in our constitution, it'd be very easy to go by year in and year out.

Once again, I apologize for my recent statements. I have some idea's about how to improve this league and would be willing to help any way I can. I do put a lot of time into this league and I'm excited about the future of it! Goodluck to everyone the rest of this year!
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: To the entire league...   To the entire league... Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Holy Hell, I'll pretend I didn't just read that post....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To the entire league...   To the entire league... Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:33 pm

aaronfoster13 wrote:
Holy Hell, I'll pretend I didn't just read that post....

Couldn't have said it any better myself
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: To the entire league...   To the entire league... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:34 am

Other than my apology, I feel like I've brought up some useful topics that would only better this league. None of the ideas are controversial, nor do I call out any single member of the league. So I'm really not sure what your guy's deals are... You have every right to your own opinion but no need to be rude when I'm trying to apologize to the entire league and suggesting some ways to make our league run smoother.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: To the entire league...   To the entire league... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:47 am

Dude! When you apologize to a person or people, you apologize and leave it at that...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To the entire league...   To the entire league... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:10 pm

bryanmurphy9 wrote:
Other than my apology, I feel like I've brought up some useful topics that would only better this league. None of the ideas are controversial, nor do I call out any single member of the league. So I'm really not sure what your guy's deals are... You have every right to your own opinion but no need to be rude when I'm trying to apologize to the entire league and suggesting some ways to make our league run smoother.

I will agree that a lot of the ideas are useful & rules should be discussed/revised going forward. For ex., all rosters need to be made legal BEFORE the MiLB draft date, not after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To the entire league...   To the entire league... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To the entire league...
Page 1 of 1