Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Other leagues?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:47 pm

So how many of you play in casual or money leagues and how r u doing? I'm in two more Yahoo leagues, both 10 T. One roto, one H2H.

In 1st in roto, in 3rd in h2h....

Just curious
Back to top Go down

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:22 pm

I'm in three other $ leagues (2 H2H, 1 roto), but there is really only one other one that I care about, and thats because its a keeper league that a friend and I started about eight years ago. I'm 6 1/2 games out of the division lead but tied for the last wild card spot and my team is beginning to heat up. I had a monster squad which dominated all season and then lost in the championship last year. I vow to get back and cash in on the $800 payday this season.

But yeah I'm not too into my other league this season due to injuries and mostly time constraints (one is a $50 re-draft league and the other a $100 roto keeper league which I will be dropping out of after this year). The re-draft league is with some guys from where I used to work that I dont really talk to anymore, so I've kinda lost interest. So pretty much the league I run and the EBHD are the only two I've really been focusing on.

As for the roto league, its a good league but I just cant get into rotisserie bases at all for some reason. I always seem to lose interest after the first couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:56 pm

4th out of 16, h2h auction keeper
6th out of 14, h2h auction keeper
15th out of 16, h2h points league (my first time in a points league)
5th out of 12, h2h auction keeper
2nd out of 12, h2h snake
3rd out of 13, roto snake
6th out of 10, roto snake

all money leagues
Back to top Go down

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:00 pm

sLim wrote:
4th out of 16, h2h auction keeper
6th out of 14, h2h auction keeper
15th out of 16, h2h points league (my first time in a points league)
5th out of 12, h2h auction keeper
2nd out of 12, h2h snake
3rd out of 13, roto snake
6th out of 10, roto snake

all money leagues

thank you slim...I now feel like less of a degenerate! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 4:17 pm

hehe...no problem...whats funny is i cut my leagues in half this year due to my gfs request...

next year im going to cut my leagues probably down again to 4 or 5...this league being one that i will plan to return to since its my only dynasty league...
Back to top Go down

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 5:32 pm

I'm doing terrible this year.

There is another dynasty league, which I played with people I owned the past 2 years, and I'm like 9th right now. 30 FREAKING games out of 1st. 30!!!!!!

A couple of other leagues, one where I owned the pitching, until they all started to fall apart, thanks a lot, Lackey, Felix (him not so much), Hill, Peavy, and Penny.
Back to top Go down

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:36 am

4 leagues total. 1 keeper and 2 re-drafts. Getting hit hard by the injury bug on all my teams.
Back to top Go down

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:48 pm

2 other leagues I pay attention to:
2nd in H2H pts league (Dynasty League)
1st in H2H pts (Redraft League)
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:43 pm

1 other keeper 4x4 roto that I blew everyone away in last year, but have faced some tough luck in (A-Rod, Rollins, Hawpe, Furcal injuries plus 0 from V-Mart and some other odd stuff).

But, I will make a run. It's just a matter of have I dug myself too big a hole.
Back to top Go down

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 5:31 am

1. this league
2. free 20 team keeper thats been going since 2004
3. $40 12-team h2h with my work friends
4. $600 per team - 16 team roto league

a painful story about the $600 league (yep, the pot is HUGE) ... its a re-draft league that my friend asked me to co-manage with him .. so im only dishing $300 ..... anyway, its a live auction draft, and a month before draft day i give him my ranking sheet and how much too spend on each player ... i tell him that we can't pay over the values i wrote down, or we'll spend too much money early... he says ok .... fast forward to draft day....... he follows my ranking sheet by ranks, but totally ignores my $ values and overpays on every single player (i.e. i have Ortiz for $25, he gets Ortiz for $35) ... i try to restrain him, at one point physically, but he's too "bid crazy", and the league knows this so they drive the prices up on him a little too ..... now, the draft is 30% over and we are COMPLETELY out of allocated money ... we only have 15 players at this point, and the league has a FA draft after all bidding is over, SO NOW - we have to just sit there for about 4 hours for the rest of the draft to finish ..and wait for the FA draft where we go to a snake-draft for all the players that weren't bid on.... the most painful part is watching so many great players get drafted for much cheaper then what we paid for ours ........ my partner takes a nap on the couch for those 4 hours and says he's happy with our draft... i'm like WHAT????!!!! .. after waiting 4 hours twiddling my thumbs, i had to fill the rest of the line-up with players from the FA draft haha....

the hardest part about all of this, is that he's a great guy and becoming a good friend of mine... he's still optomistic about our team at this point, but i don't have the heart to tell him that he really screwed up our chances with his bidding..... ive been wanting to tell him. but cant bring myself to it for some reason,.... he also wants me to co-manage with him again next year..

sorry for all that writing, i really needed to vent...
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:44 am

jake wrote:

but he's too "bid crazy", and the league knows this so they drive the prices up on him a little too ..... now, the draft is 30% over and we are COMPLETELY out of allocated money ... we only have 15 players at this point, and the league has a FA draft after all bidding is over, SO NOW - we have to just sit there for about 4 hours for the rest of the draft to finish ..and wait for the FA draft where we go to a snake-draft for all the players that weren't bid on.... the most painful part is watching so many great players get drafted for much cheaper then what we paid for ours ........ my partner takes a nap on the couch for those 4 hours and says he's happy with our draft... i'm like WHAT????!!!! .. after waiting 4 hours twiddling my thumbs, i had to fill the rest of the line-up with players from the FA draft haha....

the hardest part about all of this, is that he's a great guy and becoming a good friend of mine... he's still optomistic about our team at this point, but i don't have the heart to tell him that he really screwed up our chances with his bidding..... ive been wanting to tell him. but cant bring myself to it for some reason,.... he also wants me to co-manage with him again next year..

sorry for all that writing, i really needed to vent...

Wow! You should have immediately thrown a free 12 pack on the front lawn, told him to fetch and quickly locked the door.... Or, your friends could have ignored him for you.
Back to top Go down

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:31 pm

jamcam13 wrote:

Wow! You should have immediately thrown a free 12 pack on the front lawn, told him to fetch and quickly locked the door.... Or, your friends could have ignored him for you.

haha.. i wish, but they were more of his friends.. and more like money hungry sharks ... it was cool, like walking into a high-stakes poker game.... actually, i really dont know how to confront him about the bidding though, he's convinced that we made out alright, and i don't think he'll realize we're losing until the end of the season...
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:59 pm

jake wrote:
jamcam13 wrote:

haha.. i wish, but they were more of his friends.. and more like money hungry sharks ... it was cool, like walking into a high-stakes poker game.... actually, i really dont know how to confront him about the bidding though, he's convinced that we made out alright, and i don't think he'll realize we're losing until the end of the season...

Well, at least you'll (hopefully) have your proof for next season by the end of this season. Perhaps, he'll be convinced that you were right all along.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other leagues?   Other leagues? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other leagues?
Page 1 of 1