Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weekly moves limit

Go down 
+2
jamcam13
ThunderBalls
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Weekly moves limit Empty
PostSubject: Weekly moves limit   Weekly moves limit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 1:47 pm

In one of my deeper leagues we have a moves limit, 3 moves max per week. Could be something to consider. Another one has a full season moves limit of 75, both interesting.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Weekly moves limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly moves limit   Weekly moves limit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 am

I am all for a weekly moves limit. Don't like the season long idea b/c that only adds to the fact that schedule timing makes a big difference in when teams play other teams (i.e. someone may do mass streaming the first month then not be able to later in the year). We are a weekly league. Make rules based on that parameter. I'm ok with more than 3, as we want flexibility, but I think we need something.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Weekly moves limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly moves limit   Weekly moves limit Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 2:51 am

EHHHHH>>>>
Back to top Go down
TeamWex

TeamWex

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-02-02

Weekly moves limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly moves limit   Weekly moves limit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 10:39 am

We are a daily league so any limit on moves seems wrong.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Weekly moves limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly moves limit   Weekly moves limit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 6:18 pm

TeamWex wrote:
We are a daily league so any limit on moves seems wrong.

Why? One does not assume the other. Why does a weekly league suggest there could be a limit? Or does it need to be monthly? Or annually? I'm at a loss on the reasoning here. Realize this indicates how you'd vote which isn't surprising, but just want to understand the rationale, as perhaps you'll convince me (and others). Just want to do what is right for league competitiveness, so hearing other opinions is helpful.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Weekly moves limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly moves limit   Weekly moves limit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 6:19 pm

jamcam13 wrote:
I am all for a weekly moves limit. Don't like the season long idea b/c that only adds to the fact that schedule timing makes a big difference in when teams play other teams (i.e. someone may do mass streaming the first month then not be able to later in the year). We are a weekly league. Make rules based on that parameter.  I'm ok with more than 3, as we want flexibility, but I think we need something.

And by moves, I do not mean lineup moves. I mean add/drops. I think you should be able to manipulate your roster on a daily basis however you'd like based on the roster you have. Maybe, that's where the confusion is coming into play.
Back to top Go down
Mduncan15

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2017-02-04

Weekly moves limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly moves limit   Weekly moves limit Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 5:42 pm

I see both sides on this. If you don't have a strong team, streaming can help you compete (at least in some categories). It can help bridge the gap of the haves and have-nots, which seems to be an issue in this league. On the other hand, it is frustrating to see this used against you. How about a limit of 5 adds per week.
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Weekly moves limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly moves limit   Weekly moves limit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Sorry, yeah, I was talking about a limit on adds/drops per week, not moves in a roster. 5 is reasonable as well.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Weekly moves limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly moves limit   Weekly moves limit Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 2:20 am

Haven’t got much discussion on this this year. So unless anyone is adamant about it. It will not go to a vote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weekly moves limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly moves limit   Weekly moves limit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly moves limit
Page 1 of 1