Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About Empty
PostSubject: Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About   Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:50 pm

A lot of people join our League and stay in it because they love the Farm System, but I suspect many of the teams that turnover are bare as far as depth of quality prospects, that is those with high talent ceilings. How about some more hope for them by making the Draft 5 rounds, but keep the limit at 20? It would give replacement owners a chance to immediately have 25% of their farm system be their picks. They then might be more likely to stay more than a single season to see if they pan out.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About   Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:26 pm

I agree with extending the draft to allow folks to fill out their 20. Everyone has the same option - if I want to use a 5th round, then I can just drop someone. Yeah, it limits who's left in bidding, but are you really worried about the 61st guy picked in February? Not sure it really helps, but why not allow it as a crap shoot for teams that probably need that sort of thing to move up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About   Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:54 pm

While the idea works in theory, there are other problems for it. If a team trades away all it's picks, you are giving them free picks by extending the draft to add more rounds until rosters are complete. By resorting to just MiLB bidding money, there is atleast a counteraction to offset some of the gains from the trade anyway.

I'm not really opposed to it though. But I think bidding lends to the same exact thing by picking up guys that aren't drafted. And there are usually guys with potential that fall through the cracks on a yearly basis in the draft.

I think it might be better off to have more bidding money based on your standings, so last place gets 5% more than second last, and second to last gets 5% more than third to last, and so on, so those teams could possibly have an advantage to catch up in bidding.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About   Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 11:05 pm

I agree to Al's point.

I'd like to see the following implemented.

1st place: $10 MiLB Cash
2nd place: $11 MiLB Cash
3rd place: $12 MiLB Cash
4th place: $13 MiLB Cash
5th place: $14 MiLB Cash
6th place: $15 MiLB Cash
7th-9th: $20 MiLB Cash
10th-15th: $25 MiLB Cash
16th-20th: $30 MiLB Cash

Also, maximum of $10 future bid cash would be tradable in the prior year and you can not trade for more than what you started the season allotted.

This is not an incentive to finish poorly. This is to balance the power. rich teams get richer spending huge amounts of bid cash and trading for more. I'm a prime example of this. This would shift some balance back to some of the rebuilding teams.

I'd also like to see us come up with a penalty for not using bid cash... There's no reason rebuilding teams shouldn't be spending this to help rebuild or trade it to help rebuild.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About   Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 3:03 pm

As one of former newer owners going, I am generally quiet about rule changes, but I would have loved to be able to extend my draft and sub out the bottom dwellers of my minors with guys I would have chosen. It would have helped.

I also find it funny that the top teams keep trying to "balance the league" without actually asking or listening to the teams at the bottom. How about a rule where old managers can't take gross advantage of the new ones with bad trades that cause them to join one year and then quit!

As far as the bidding cash goes, that proposal seems rather dumb to me. I bid when I feel like it, and almost never lose the bid when we all have cash. I prefer to draft and wait and like dealing cash for picks. Since I've been here, the owners active with bidding seem to have little correlation with standings. Some guys just like to monitor that during the seasons while others do not. I know I would not have felt any advantage to having more bidding cash.

How about the bottom five teams get an additional 2nd round pick?

Fix the issue with no waivers on FA and fix the issue where newbies aren't protected from sharks and the league will get healthier. You could assign new owners a buddy who they have to at least discuss new deals for the first couple months.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About   Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 4:40 pm

thenuner wrote:
As one of former newer owners going, I am generally quiet about rule changes, but I would have loved to be able to extend my draft and sub out the bottom dwellers of my minors with guys I would have chosen.  It would have helped.

I agree, I think a good proposal would be extending the draft to 5 Rounds for teams that don't make the playoffs. Then those picks are not tradable. They'd have to make the pick. Giving them two extra picks each year.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About   Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 4:46 pm

thenuner wrote:

As far as the bidding cash goes, that proposal seems rather dumb to me.  I bid when I feel like it, and almost never lose the bid when we all have cash.  I prefer to draft and wait and like dealing cash for picks.  Since I've been here, the owners active with bidding seem to have little correlation with standings.  Some guys just like to monitor that during the seasons while others do not.  I know I would not have felt any advantage to having more bidding cash.

So if you can spend $30 and I can spend $12 from the get-go and my squad is obviously farther along in competing than yours. How is that not an advantage to you? Bidding is a bit of a crap shoot but the more money you have to spend the greater chance you have of landing a quality prospect. There's a few teams out there with barren minors that might somewhat compete now but as players get older they'll be the teams jumping ship and will have a combination of useless old vets and no young talent. Requiring they use the cash they have makes them pay attention to bidding and throwing money at a potentially good young player. It also makes activity a requirement.
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About   Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 6:04 pm

thenuner wrote:
\  How about a rule where old managers can't take gross advantage of the new ones with bad trades that cause them to join one year and then quit!  
\.

Well at least you aren't holding back with your opinions now!

Seems to be true with the guys not showing up this year. 3 of the new last year not yet committing to returning after being, well, generous with their deals.
Back to top Go down
dingo1414

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2013-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About   Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 9:25 pm

ive already committed to returning, even with my "generous" deals
Back to top Go down
dingo1414

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2013-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About   Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 9:28 pm

something I noticed, is people criticizing trades in public. you wanna criticize my trades? fine, but don't do it on the public forum and make me feel uncomfortable about future trades. and if your scared to trade, I would say the enjoyment level goes down, therefore im less likely to come back for another season. I don't have this problem, I could care less if anyone thinks I made a bad trade, but it could make a new owner less likely to come back for season 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About   Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Give Replacement Owners Something to Be Excited About
Page 1 of 1