Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Payments

Go down 

Pick one
100% + X
Payments Poll_left33%Payments Poll_right
 33% [ 4 ]
Status Quo
Payments Poll_left67%Payments Poll_right
 67% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:19 pm

100% + X (if this wins, we'll determine what X's value is in a subsequent vote). All players pay this year's fee, and as of now, an undetermined amount towards next year's fees. If you happen to leave, we'll try to return as much money as possible, in direct correlation to how much money the new owner is willing to pay. If your team is a talented team, obviously wouldn't be much of a problem. But if your teams is terrible, then the amount the new owner might be willing to pay would be less than ideal. It's sort of the same as paying security towards an apartment.

+More incentive to stay in the league over the long run
+Less chance of team abandonment
+Helps with recruiting
-More upfront money, although in the long run, it's all the same.

Status Quo:

Everyone pays for next year.

+Familiarity
+Less money
-Heightens the chance of team abandonment
-Hurts with recruiting
-Less incentive to stay in for the long run.

Secondary issue: if the 100%+ X wins, we'll have to vote on the value of X.
Back to top Go down

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:52 pm

I would be willing to consider this for new owners but for current who I think all of us have been here at least 2 or 3 seasons isn't needed.
Back to top Go down

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Ideally, yes, but it's hard enough getting people to take over a team, so adding more payments to their team might be impossible. It's also going to hurt, when they find out that everyone else is going to pay only one year.

Only other one I can think of is maybe having a 2 year buy in option for new owners taking over a team, and then go on a 1 year basis after that. But that depends on who we can get to pay that, moreso than having a policy on it. If we can find owners that are willing to buy in at 2 years, then yes. the problem crops up, when say there is only 1 team, which was bad, that is open. There would be no draft then, and thus going to be very unattractive.

But if we can find 2 owners willing to pay 2 years in advance this year, then yes, sure. But for the future, it might get murky.
Back to top Go down

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:57 pm

yeah that was suggested before I think that is a more viable option. Especially if we are going to have a draft for them and such they should put up for 2 years I think since they are pretty much making their own team.
Back to top Go down

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Then it is yearly after the first 2 years that seems fair since all of us have 2 years in already at least we paid our dues.
Back to top Go down

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Yeah, if we can find 2 to do that, we can go for it this year. I'm just not sure how many people out there are going for it, although there are some nice players in the draft.

Back to top Go down

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:13 pm

yeah just a thought since it looks like this is staying status quo
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 10:34 am

I would suggest against asking new owners to pay more than a year. That is the OPPOSITE of what this suggestion was intended to do.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the outcome. It's not different than the country at large- make folks pay, as long as it's not me.
Back to top Go down

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 6:44 pm

I was hoping it'd be universal, because it's easier to sell people on the idea that this is the pay structure, rather than go out of the way to make them pay when they are also taking over a team.

I'm not too hopeful on getting quality owners to take over teams with this idea, but this vote seems to be leaning to a negative on the more than 1 year's payment deal. Hence, my best guess is that we'll continue to have the same system as before, with 1 year payments, because it's just unlikely people take over and pay in advance.

But might as well try I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Payments
Page 1 of 1