Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Payments

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Need to figure out Payments:

Do we stick to the 1 year payment method (status quo)

or

Do we go to a 2 year payment method, where everyone pays 2 years in advance. In essence, it would be a one time $130 payment next year, but if you wish to leave after one year, we'll try to refund you based on what the replacement owner is willing to pay. So say if we get a new guy, and he only wants to pay half for the first year because your team sucks, you get half the money back for that second year. It sort of helps keep the turnover low, as more people are inclined to stay if they have monetary investments in the team for the future.

or

Do we do a hybrid system, where anyone taking on a new team has to pay 2 years to start, so no one takes over a team, makes some lousy moves, and then ditch. However, this will present a problem in recruiting new owners, since most teams without owners are also devoid of short term hope.

Or

Go with 1 year plus a certain percentage towards the second year option. Maybe 50% towards the second year.

Discuss. Again, will have a vote on this later. Just discuss here, argue, whatever.
Back to top Go down

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:24 pm

I dont see why for the people that have been in here a few years why we need to goto a 2 year system I would think we have already paid our dues and showed the loyalty to the team. For new owners I wouldn't be apposed to them having to pay 2 years upfront to show they are committed with no refunds if they decide to leave. What would happen to the 2nd years payment if they left would have to be discussed like it can goto the payout or towards the next owner but then you have them only fronting money for 1 year and we are back to the same issue.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:34 pm

How about League fee + 10%. That 10% applied to the next years website fees + a slight deposit.
Back to top Go down
huztler

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 11:47 pm

New owners are the issue attempting to be addressed right? It makes sense to make new guys pay a deposit towards the future. I don't think it is a good idea to charge current owners more cash unless it were to increase the yearly payouts. The difference between me, the day i joined the league and today, is plus one wife and one kid. Not exactly conducive to forking out additional deposits.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am

Makes no sense to implement for new owners. Isn't one of the issues finding an owner to take a crappy team (is anyone leaving a good one?) and pay the current year (let alone add'l fees).

The concept is - when new owners join they pay for a year, but it's NEXT year. They get the current one "free" due to the reserve from the prior owner leaving. This shows their commitment, and gives them a chance to build for a year. Now, I guess in effect, you are still asking for a year's fee. But, that's the concept behind it.

As for us building our own commitments, that's fine. I honestly didn't think an extra $65 would break anyone. But, that's certainly a consideration, I guess.
Back to top Go down

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Well anything more than 1 year's payment will be seen as a security deposit. It'd be an initial deposit, and if you wish to leave, we'll return the money as long as your team isn't in such dire straits that no one will pay for it. What jam mentions will be the case if your team sucks dick. So then, we entice the new guy taking over a rebuilding project that, he gets 2 years for the price of 1 essentially, and it's easier for things to flow. I think the concept behind this rule is that, as the seasons roll on, there are bound to be shitty teams, especially in a league this deep. What we want to avoid is guys skipping out by going all in for one year, and then when it comes to rebuilding, decide to skip.

I think asking new people to pay more than the current owners is probably not going to help at all in recruiting, since most likely the teams involved are shitty.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Payments   Payments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Payments
Page 1 of 1