Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disabled List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Disabled List Empty
PostSubject: Disabled List   Disabled List Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:40 am

Good Evening Commissioners and League Managers,

I would like some clarification on use of the DL slots.

When is a player that is no longer injured required to come off the DL?

And then if there is an Active player on the DL, are (or should) transactions (be) ceased until the roster is compliant?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Disabled List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disabled List   Disabled List Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:54 am

No where in the rules does it state that players to immediately be taken off the DL. If you can find something in our league rules that even mentions the DL, other than how many spots there are, then be my guest Knuckleball. I actually believe this has came up before for discussion, and it was stated that DL could just not be occupied during the off-season. Honestly, this is why we need to look into re-writing our rules. They are very vague on some topics and plain do not cover other topics like this...
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Disabled List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disabled List   Disabled List Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:55 am

A player must really be on the disabled list in real life to be used in a DL spot... I believe you can't techniqely put them on the DL until CBS designate them.

Once a player comes off the DL in real life, they need to come off the roster DL.

I'd say if you catch someone making a bunch of transactions with an active player on the DL, email them or call them out on it...
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Disabled List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disabled List   Disabled List Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:11 am

No, it has come up before, and players on the DL need to be on the DL in real life and when they come off the DL, you need to put them back on your active roster. DL spots can't be used as placeholders for active players and that is what would be happening if you are keeping active players on your DL...
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Disabled List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disabled List   Disabled List Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:16 am

Not correct. They must be on the DL to put them there but then you can leave them there even after they come back. That is how we've done it.

We can change the rule, but that's what it's always been.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Disabled List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disabled List   Disabled List Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:53 am

Incorrect, we addressed this in the first season because I was someone that tried to play the system and keep players on the DL, and was told I had to take them off once they were activated... The explanation was that "you can't use the DL as a placeholder for minor league, inactive, or active players"
Back to top Go down

Disabled List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disabled List   Disabled List Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:34 pm

CBS has a new feature that when your player comes off the real life DL, you must also activate that player, or else your lineup cannot be entered until this issue is addressed. This is a feature to consider using.
Back to top Go down

Disabled List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disabled List   Disabled List Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:48 am

Well right now, the rule is that once CBS allows you to place a person on the DL, you can leave them there as long as you want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disabled List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disabled List   Disabled List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disabled List
Page 1 of 1