Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DL

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

DL Empty
PostSubject: DL   DL Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm

With the implementation of the 10 day DL, I think we should move from a 3 person DL to at least a 5 person DL, and truthfully I'm not opposed to 1 or 2 more spots. I'm also open to doing this midseason, obviously if enough owners support it.

As a side note, I've got 3 on there now in this league that were going to spend more time on it anyway, and one that may or may not need more time. But in my other leagues, I've already noticed it effecting teams. While I think it's good for baseball, it only makes things tougher on us in fantasy.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

DL Empty
PostSubject: Re: DL   DL Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 1:15 pm

While I have 6 on DL currently with 3 occupying my active roster I think that's part of the tough decision making of a 20 team league. Adding 1-2 DL spots would take potentially 10-15 players away that are currently free agents at any given time.

The teams in competition need to find ways to keep winning throughout tough times like having 6 players on the 10 day DL. If it's necessary to win a week having to drop a player they might not have then that's the tough decisions that need to be made in a competitive fantasy league.

If you or I drop a player because he's on the DL that's probably someone that's going to be scooped up by a rebuilding team. While we potentially win a week, the rebuilding team gets better over the long run. These are the kind of hard decisions that makes a healthy league.. I would argue removing more marginal players from the free agent pool does the opposite.
Back to top Go down
TeamWex

TeamWex

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-02-02

DL Empty
PostSubject: Re: DL   DL Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 7:38 pm

I think 3 DL spots are enough. I agree that any team that is going to be a winner has to be able to manage roster spots. In the short time I have been in the league I have spent more time watching my roster and having to plan moves that will need to be made later in the year, then I thought I would have to. It has been a big part of the fun.
Let's not add more spots.
Fred
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DL Empty
PostSubject: Re: DL   DL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Extra Base Hit Dynasty :: Off Season Activity :: Amendments :: Amendments Archive-
Jump to: