Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trade posting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:14 pm

This is one for me personally to lessen the Admin tasks, but we don't need trades posted both on this forum and on Fantrax unless bid cash is involved.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:39 pm

Yes we do. The forum is a good reference point for past deals.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Honestly, if your admin tasks are to much then we need to look into someone that can give more time to your spot as a commish.
Back to top Go down
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 5:07 am

I think posting them is fine, but I don't think they need to be confirmed. If something's wrong, obviously they'll post on it, but I don't think we need it to be confrimed.
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 11:42 am

Agree with Thom. One of the involved parties can post the deal, along with it being accepted in Fantrax.

I don't think the other party should need to confirm and I certainly don't think the commish needs to say "Approved" in the thread either.

If a deal is made in error on Fantrax, it will certainly be called out.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 4:19 pm

bryanmurphy9 wrote:
Honestly, if your admin tasks are to much then we need to look into someone that can give more time to your spot as a commish.

Way to be an asshole Bryan Wink
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Knuckleball wrote:
bryanmurphy9 wrote:

Way to be an asshole Bryan Wink

While I agree the trades don't need commish posted approval. The trades and archives on forum is a very valuable resource.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 11:36 am

smk1363 wrote:
Agree with Thom. One of the involved parties can post the deal, along with it being accepted in Fantrax.

I don't think the other party should need to confirm and I certainly don't think the commish needs to say "Approved" in the thread either.

If a deal is made in error on Fantrax, it will certainly be called out.

Agree, except I think the 2nd party should come in and agree.  

I think we can just eliminate the commish approval step.  Bryan - if you want I can take this over as well similar to what I've been doing with locking the Mi bidding once you've declared winner. Maybe, we should apply the same here - 1st trade partner posts, 2nd agrees, I lock, done. It can then be re-opened by another commish if something is awry/vetoed/whatever which has never happened.  Let me know.

EDIT: I should have said ...A commish... not another, as I am not a commissioner, just a forum helper. Just so nobody reads that differently.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 11:40 am

That sounds good to me Jammy. This wasn't something I felt needed to be voted on. If we have any other changes like this that are small I'll detail them in a memo sent to the league.
Back to top Go down
thome52

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 3:41 pm

What do we gain by having someone type I agree? If somethings wrong I'm sure the other party will let everyone know, but we shouldn't waste people's time by making them type I agree. Clearly they agree, that's why it got accepted in the first place.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 4:06 pm

It's more checks and balances than anything. It takes a whole two seconds to type I agree.
Back to top Go down
thome52

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 1:30 am

Bryan -

You sound like the supervisor at a job, when an employee asks, so why do we do it this way?

Well, we've always done it that way.

-
My point is there's always a better way to do stuff, just because it takes two seconds to type I agree, that doesn't mean we need it.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 1:53 pm

thome52 wrote:
Bryan -

You sound like the supervisor at a job, when an employee asks, so why do we do it this way?

Well, we've always done it that way.

-
My point is there's always a better way to do stuff, just because it takes two seconds to type I agree, that doesn't mean we need it.

I see it more as in case someone accidentally hits Accept on the other site then scrambles to e-mail/message the person and/or commish. They could easily come here and say - nope.

I realize long shot it gets as far as the other person posting here, but given it is in fact 2 seconds and folks should still be checking in here periodically anyway, why not account for that 1 time that will happen and the other person is being a dickhead and says - nope!! He hit accept.

Not trying to turn this into buyers remorse, but I could easily see this happening. I've declined trades myself and then said - jeez, I hope I didn't accidentally press accept and check the board.

Anyway, I'm not 100% against doing away with it, but I do see a purpose it serves beyond just this is the way it's always been done. As is, we are trying to curtail the need for a commish approval here and on Fantrax.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trade posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade posting   Trade posting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trade posting
Page 1 of 1