Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Milb Bids

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Milb Bids Empty
PostSubject: Milb Bids   Milb Bids Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:17 am

So it looks like we're moving to Fantrax. And my other dynasty is as well, and they uncovered something that I think could be useful here.

Fantrax allows you to create a shadow league, and can use it for bidding. Essentially nominate a player, and you can bid on the player, and fantrax will keep track of the time as well as money involved. The best part is that it can be blind bidding. So, everyone can submit their own bid, and not to just raise the price for everyone else. And you can't see who made the nomination as well, so no one knows who's nominating the player. It also allows you to have priority bidding, so if you bid on two people at once, and the second bid might leave you over your budget, you can prioritize your bids. So if you don't get one, you can atleast try for the other.

Anyway, thought it was interesting. Something we could possibly use.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Milb Bids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milb Bids   Milb Bids Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Really like the thought of this
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Milb Bids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milb Bids   Milb Bids Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:51 am

Interesting..I'd like to us come up with some guidelines with the bidding. Perhaps you can only bid on the available players once or twice a week? just food for thought.
Back to top Go down

Milb Bids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milb Bids   Milb Bids Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:00 am

Well one thing that would happen is that, since it's blind bids, we would have to get rid of the increments and stuff. However, it would also mean that if two teams blindly bid the same price, the tie breaker is their current standings, with the lower ranked team getting the player.

Although, this is just in the discussion stage here, just wanted to hear some opinions on how people would like it or dislike it here, and then if enough people chime in, maybe hold a vote to implement it.
Back to top Go down

Milb Bids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milb Bids   Milb Bids Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:52 pm

I like the idea
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Milb Bids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milb Bids   Milb Bids Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Do not like the blind bidding idea. The rest seems fine, but that is a massive shift in the basic set up of the league. I understand the desire and even rationale, but it would be a tremendous change in the operations of the league.

I'll be honest - as someone who does not have the time to research every minor leaguer, this would clearly be a detriment to me. I am sure I am not alone in the time factor.

As long as you understand you make the league less accessible to folks like me, that's fine (And even fine by me). But, don't go blindly into thinking about this.
Back to top Go down

Milb Bids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milb Bids   Milb Bids Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Well if we do go for it, it would only be after a vote. But right now, not too many people seem interested, since this thread only got like what 4 responses?
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Milb Bids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milb Bids   Milb Bids Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:15 pm

The King Maker wrote:
Well if we do go for it, it would only be after a vote. But right now, not too many people seem interested, since this thread only got like what 4 responses?

I wouldn't necessarily go by that, either. I think most folks have abandoned this site. Now that the message board on Fantrax is such a Clusterfuck to use, I've refound it myself.

You might want to remind folks to show up here once in a while. You could even tout the superior message board. Laughing

EDIT: Just to drive home the point - only half the league has been here this week. Go to the Memberlist, and you could see a few folks that rarely come here.
Back to top Go down

Milb Bids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milb Bids   Milb Bids Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:28 pm

Well voting is pretty much the only way to settle an issue though. I'd rather not assume nor presume the consensus without voting, and voting here is pretty much our only option at this point.

I think for voting wise, we had about 12-13 people vote out of the 17 remaining teams, so it wasn't that bad, and I'm guessing more people are bound to sign in as we get closer to the start of the season.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Milb Bids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milb Bids   Milb Bids Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:19 pm

I wasn't commenting about your voting suggestion - of course (though that would have to technically wait until next year anyway, as the time for that this season has passed).

I was talking about your comment that folks weren't interested b/c they didn't comment. They may not be interested b/c they're not here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Milb Bids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milb Bids   Milb Bids Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Milb Bids
Page 1 of 1