Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The big mess that were calling "Voting"...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

The big mess that were calling "Voting"... Empty
PostSubject: The big mess that were calling "Voting"...   The big mess that were calling "Voting"... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Does anyone really know what the hell were voting on?! I mean this might be the most screwed up process I've been a part of in a fantasy league.

First, to quote the new revised poll...

Quote :
If you vote no, then that would support the theory that up until the start of the season when CBS enforces roster legality in scoring, there would be no need to cut.

Then it goes on to say...

Quote :
Either way, there is currently no rule allowing a manger to carry more than 20 milb players throughout the entire year. If managers would like to suggest that augmentation we can have that discussion in the 2011 Rule Amendments.

Ok, if you vote no which means there's no need to cut up until the regular season then what the hell happens if we go over 20 milb players during the draft, when you say later that no manager is allowed to carry more than 20 milb players throughout the entire year? Those two things contradict each other...

If "No" wins the vote, but no manager can ever go over 20 milb players are we just going to let everyone police themselves and expect them to be good boys and cut players on their own if they're going to go over the 20 maximum players?

I just don't understand the point in the justification you've gave for what happens if you vote no, it simply contradicts itself. At some point, we have to have a Minor League Cut-Date which states everyone be under 20 players or were going to have some owners with 22, 27, 23, 33, etc. If that happens then everyone is breaking the rule where no one can have more than 20 players on his MiLB Roster at one given time at any point in the year.

Please explain, better.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The big mess that were calling "Voting"...   The big mess that were calling "Voting"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:22 am

If you vote no, it is business as usual. Teams will have to trim their minor rosters by start of the season or their lineups are illegal.

If you vote yes, we decide on a different cut date. It could be before or after the draft depending on the second poll.

If any manager would like to see minor league roster limits removed, that would require another vote and/or discussion.
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The big mess that were calling "Voting"...   The big mess that were calling "Voting"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:01 am

Leave the league then Bryan, i'm tired of your whinning!
There is no confusion, you're just not getting what you want...
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: The big mess that were calling "Voting"...   The big mess that were calling "Voting"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:06 am

aaronfoster13 wrote:
Leave the league then Bryan, i'm tired of your whinning!
There is no confusion, you're just not getting what you want...

We've had three different polls now spanning 4-5 days on the same topic, how is that not a mess? I was just clarifying things for myself. Just because I say something you do not like, or do not agree with, it does not make it "whining". As Knuckleball asked me the other day, free speech is allowed right? Think what you want, I look out for the best interests of the entire league. Why would I want to leave anyways, I'll have too much fun beating you next year!! lol!

KIDDING!!! Though I know it'll get a rise out of you Wink
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

PostSubject: Re: The big mess that were calling "Voting"...   The big mess that were calling "Voting"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:08 am

Thanks for the clarification of it as well, Knuckleball. That was the best explanation we've had yet.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: The big mess that were calling "Voting"...   The big mess that were calling "Voting"... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:56 am

With the Minor League - I don't want to confuse this, but why isn't there an option - "cut as you go." That is, as you drafter your 21st Minor Leaguer, you need to drop someone. So, there is no cut off date. You ALWAYS have to maintain the limit of 20.

Major is differerent b/c you have the DL spots that increase the number of ML players protected. That you need a cutoff for, so I'm not carrying Dustin Moseley on my roster in the hopes that he gets a bionic implant over the winter.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The big mess that were calling "Voting"...   The big mess that were calling "Voting"... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The big mess that were calling "Voting"...
Page 1 of 1