Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do we need to replace Slim?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Do we need to replace Slim? Empty
PostSubject: Do we need to replace Slim?   Do we need to replace Slim? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 2:46 pm

He has stated in the Rotoworlds Forum that he wants to cut down on his fantasy leagues and this one will be one of the ones that he cuts. He has not made a transaction since 5/10/10 and hasn't logged on the forums since 5/14/10, which on 5/19/10 he stated that he would not be back. We should probably try to contact him and find out if he plans on be active the rest of this year, if not, then it might be best to look for an in-season replacement.

What does everyone think?
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Do we need to replace Slim?   Do we need to replace Slim? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:31 pm

Happy Memorial Day Everyone,

I see Kim Jong Il speaks again. (Reference Team America quote in Calling out Deputy Dipshit)

First, what business is it of yours to come and ask the league if Steve needs to be replaced when he has not come to the league himself...he did pay for the season.

Second, your definition of activity is completely different than everyone else...some managers do not have a constant addiction to trading and picking up minor leaguers...it is called patience...something you do not have if you are making this post about Steve.

Third, you are probably making this post since you have run out of active managers to trade your shitty ass players to since you think so highly of them (ex. cervilli, keppinger, stauffer).

This provides a good transition to trade etiquette and trading in general. If you offer up shitty players and then want to talk about a team's prospects, you probably will not get a very welcome response. I know you being of the dictator mindset feel you are always in the right...but you are not and most people do not respond well when you throw out lowball offer after lowball offer.

Finally, a little lesson to everyone about trade leverage...when trading, think about how many players the other team has as well as how many draft picks they are holding. If the other manager is looking to pull off a multiplayer deal that is many for one, see if there is a reason. If the talent does not stack up, maybe ask for more because obviously the manager that wants the one is looking to gain roster space. Could it be that they have multiple picks in the next draft like I would have, hence if I don't free up room at some point I will be forced to drop players.

Oh wait, I almost forgot to answer Bryan's question, no, I do not think we start looking for a replacement because if you actually spoke with Steve on a regular basis you would know that he is not being intentionally inactive or trying to lose.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Do we need to replace Slim?   Do we need to replace Slim? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:12 pm

Quote :
First, what business is it of yours to come and ask the league if Steve needs to be replaced when he has not come to the league himself...he did pay for the season.

Actually, he did, at the Rotoworld thread for this league.

Do we need to replace Slim? Untitl10

Quote :
Second, your definition of activity is completely different than everyone else...some managers do not have a constant addiction to trading and picking up minor leaguers...it is called patience...something you do not have if you are making this post about Steve.

Well, for one... I came into this league with the strategy of drafting a young core nucleus. Which I knew because of that it'd take me 1-2 years to really start competing with the big boys. I for one, can't stand losing... coupled with the fact I feel like I have a pretty good eye for Minor League talent... it makes perfect sense that a revolving door of adding good Minor League Talent and trading it away for young MLB talent is the quickest way to having the best team I can field. In the end... Winning, short-term and long-term, is the ultimate goal.

Quote :
Third, you are probably making this post since you have run out of active managers to trade your shitty ass players to since you think so highly of them (ex. cervilli, keppinger, stauffer).

I realize Cervelli, Keppinger, and Stauffer aren't stars and never will be. They can, though, help the right team. I've never asked for alot for any of them, simply future late draft picks or bidding cash. Those 3 players are far from "shitty ass players"... they're exactly the kind of players you should be picking up off the free agents before guys like myself do. Instead, you seem alright with trotting out guys like, Nick Hundley, Aki Iwamura, Ronny Cedeno, Mitch Maier, and the list goes on... in your daily starting lineup. I'm not here to bash your team, but before you go make a fool of yourself and start calling other owner's players shitty... maybe you should take one real quick look at your roster. Theres a reason you haven't came close to moving out of last place since you joined this league. You wern't dealt the best starting hand, I'll give you that. You haven't exactly turned things around though either... I know you don't like me, and frankly I'm not a fan of you. I don't care if you don't ever want to trade with me because I don't follow "Trading Etiquette" to your liking. Frankly, like I told you last night.. you have one game-changer in Neftali Feliz and a bunch of spare parts. Goodluck building a team around a Closer. I really do wish you the best of luck.... I'd just appreciate it if you stop bitching about every post I make. There was nothing wrong or inappropriate about asking the league their opinions on what to do with Slim. Have a good one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do we need to replace Slim?   Do we need to replace Slim? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:31 pm

I realize I am new to the league, but here are my two cents.

First of all, everyone needs to relax. This is fantasy baseball, it's not all that important in the grand scheme of things, and is supposed to be fun.

Second of all, as soon as someone pays their entry fee into the league, they are in for the season and are free to run their team however they see fit. Log in, don't log in, let your dog run it for you, whatever. Every league has owners who spend a lot of time on that league and other who spend a small amount. Not every single one of 20 owners is going to log in every second of every day - most of us have lives that get in the way. Now I have never met, spoken to, or probably even emailed Slim, but if he paid, he's in.

If someone has a problem with how another owner runs their team, you have two options. One is to quit the league yourself. Two is to bring this issue up at the end of the season. If enough owners agree and want to bar someone from joining the following year, that seems like a reasonable way to deal with things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do we need to replace Slim?   Do we need to replace Slim? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:19 pm

Slim paid for the 2010 season. He does not have to want to remain for the 2011 season in order to play out the 2010 season. I can't blame sLim for not logging onto this forum. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do we need to replace Slim?   Do we need to replace Slim? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do we need to replace Slim?
Page 1 of 1