Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Draft Order Problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Draft Order Problems Empty
PostSubject: Draft Order Problems   Draft Order Problems Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:33 am

Ok, one, like Bryan said, I can't find last year's playoff results on CBS.

I'm sure of 5 of the teams. Spundin beat Craig Shames in the Finals. Luis beat Brian in the 3rd place matchup. Thats your bottom four. I'm 99% sure Luis beat The Cutoff Men in his first matchup, and and I'm 50 % sure the other person to lose in the first round was Jam. Can these last two just confirm this? I'm pretty sure it is, I just want confirmation because I can't see it anywhere in CBS either.

Second, there seems to be a couple of trades that I don't quite get.

One:

https://ebhdbaseball.forumotion.com/trades-completed-f14/two-buck-chuck-brady-bunch-trade-t1067.htm

I don't understand the 2010 3rd pick (second lowest of the four part). Is that your 3rd pick? 3rd round pick?

Also, atleast from looking at it, looks like LWB's first round pick was traded twice.

https://ebhdbaseball.forumotion.com/trades-completed-f14/little-white-balls-two-buck-chuck-trade-t1102.htm

It was traded first there, and then:

https://ebhdbaseball.forumotion.com/trades-completed-f14/elite-and-white-balls-trade-announcement-t1165.htm

Traded again there.

Now, since looking at Bryan's version of the draft order, I'm assuming that ThunderBalls traded Spundin's pick (which he also had) instead of his own pick, but just didn't make it clear. Anyway, can we get a confirmation on that?

The way the draft order is set up is the playoff results would constitute the final 6 spots (ie Spundin's pick would be last, Craig's pick second last, etc) and then the other 14 picks are based on winning percentage. I'll post the Draft Order, when I get confirmation on this, I'm about halfway through writing it up, but I just wanted to get confirmation on these before finishing it and having to revise it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Draft Order Problems   Draft Order Problems Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Yeah, Luis beat me (The Cutoff Men) in the 1st round. IIRC, I had like a 9-3 lead going into Sunday and he edged me out in three categories on the last day to get the win. Broke my heart.
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Draft Order Problems   Draft Order Problems Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:24 pm

For my deal, I first traded picks down from my position to OC's which TBC got in a deal with OC. Then I just moved it in the later deal. I have no 1st rounder now.

Basically, deal 1 dropped my position from somewhere around 10 to near the end of the first round. 2nd deal gave it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Draft Order Problems   Draft Order Problems Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Great, and can someone confirm Jam was the other guy please? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Draft Order Problems   Draft Order Problems Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Yes, I lost in the 1st round, but can't remember to who. I was the wild card, so it is one of the division winners.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Draft Order Problems   Draft Order Problems Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:51 pm

OK, great, so just need the TBC deal to be explained, and we should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Draft Order Problems   Draft Order Problems Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:53 am

It should read 3rd Round pick. It is the second lowest of the 4 3rd picks I had obtained. My highest and lowest went to Craig, my second lowest which was from Indiana Elite belongs to Brady Bunch and my second highest I keep comes from a trade that was made with SIS (now Roto). If you need me to point out all those trades I will, you can also refer to my roster which explains draft pick movement.
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Draft Order Problems   Draft Order Problems Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Random question here, but why arent we doing a snake type draft anymore? Did we ever?

Did I just forget and only notice now? Sorry, Im slow sometimes. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Draft Order Problems   Draft Order Problems Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:33 pm

Well the snake type draft makes it a lot more even for everyone involved, while a straight draft helps out the lower tier teams because they get the better picks, which helps keep competitive balance afloat, or atleast attempts at it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Draft Order Problems   Draft Order Problems Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:02 pm

ThunderBalls wrote:
Random question here, but why arent we doing a snake type draft anymore? Did we ever?

Did I just forget and only notice now? Sorry, Im slow sometimes. Smile

Indeed, a snake draft is appropriate for an inaugural draft when all GMs are equal, but a straight draft is appropriate thereafter b/c GMs are no longer equal & the straight draft assists the weaker teams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Order Problems   Draft Order Problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Draft Order Problems
Page 1 of 1