Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems

Go down 
5 posters

Money Payouts
Status Quo- (Division Winners, winner, loser, 3rd place team, and monthly awards)
Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Poll_left67%Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Poll_right
 67% [ 10 ]
No monthly awards, division winners see a hike in winnings)
Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Poll_left33%Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Poll_right
 33% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage

Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Empty
PostSubject: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:28 pm

Right now, we have a set amount of money paid out to division winners, playoff winner, loser, and the third place team. We also have some money involved in stats accumulated over a month during the regular season. The monthly prizes give teams that are still in rebuilding mode a chance to win a bit of money through out the year, and one of the main intentions of this is to act as an anti-tanking option. This is Status Quo.

Take away monthly awards, and reward division winners more. This will pay out more money for a division winner, but leave the lower level teams with little to play for in terms of getting money.

Again, as before, vote away, and feel free to include your reason why.

I think those were the 3 issues that were presented in the other thread, if I missed anything mentioned there, let me know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:28 am

if we switch to a free site (espn, yahoo) ..we could use the added cash on division winners while keeping the extra payouts
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:04 pm

I like CBS because they have the most comprehensive minor league system and they are for sure most "dynasty" friendly... I don't mind having less than $10 of my entry paying for the site..
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:27 am

aaronfoster13 wrote:
I like CBS because they have the most comprehensive minor league system and they are for sure most "dynasty" friendly... I don't mind having less than $10 of my entry paying for the site..

Totally agree!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:38 am

Status Quo it is!!!
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:10 pm

What ever happened to the monthly payouts?
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Ya, good question!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:44 pm

Oh crap, forgot about this.

Does anyone know the format? Like which periods and what stats each period counted for? I have some free time this week, so I could just count the stats, and figure out the winners. But I've been looking for the thread that has the specific periods and monthly stats, and I can't find it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Ok, going based on what Luis posted as winnings last year.

Period 1: AVG, ERA, WHIP

Period 2: Wins, SB, RBI

Period 3: HR, Hlds, Ks

Period 4: Saves, BBs, Runs

We had 22 scoring periods I believe.

Probably going to go with 6 scoring periods for the first 3, and 4 for the last one. Everyone good with that?
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:52 am

On the League rules/settings page:

Weeks 1 through 6
- Team with best ERA receives $15
- Team with best Batting AVG receives $15
- Team with best WHIP receives $15

Weeks 7 through 11

- Team with most RBIs receives $15
- Team with most Wins receives $15
- Team with most SBs receives $15

Weeks 12 through 16
- Team with most HLDs receives $15
- Team with most HRs receives $15
- Team with most Ks receives $15

Weeks 17 through 22

- Team with most Runs receives $15
- Team with most SVs receives $15
- Team with most BBs receives $15
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:43 pm

Do not blame Kevin for not being able to find anything on this forum, it is why in the offseason the two of us will be revising it so things can be easily found and referred to when a question arises. Wink
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:52 am

Knuckleball wrote:
Do not blame Kevin for not being able to find anything on this forum, it is why in the offseason the two of us will be revising it so things can be easily found and referred to when a question arises. Wink

Best thing vie ever heard you say, Stephen. Wink Need any help I'd be more than happy just let me know!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 6:30 am

Allright, I'll see use the timeline TB pointed out. And I'll most likely knock out the first 2, this weekend, maybe finish it if it goes faster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:33 am

Allright, actually found an easier way to calculate the stats, rather than the counting we used to do in the past.

Week 1-6: First Monthly (ERA, WHIP, BA)

Spundin won ERA, with a 2.900 ERA, TBC came in second with a 3.103 ERA, and Luis came in 3rd with a 3.23 ERA

Spundin wins $15

Spundin again wins WHIP with a 1.1182 WHIP. TBC again came in second with a 1.1630 WHIP, while Jamcam came in 3rd with a 1.2301 WHIP.

Spundin wins $15 (30 total)

Luis wins Batting Average by a fair margin with a .2977 BA, Kevin comes in second with a .2798 BA, and Spundin comes in third with a .2796

Luis wins $15

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks 7- 11: Monthly 2 (RBIs- Wins- SBs)

Slim wins RBIs in a close race, with 160 RBI. Kevin is the bride's maid again with 157 RBIs and I come in third with 155 RBI.

Slim wins $15

Bryan Murphy wins SBs with 38 SBs, while HLZ comes in second with 31 SBs, and Brady Bunch comes in third with 23 SBs

Bryan Murphy wins $15

Malta takes wins in a close matchup, with 28 wins, while The Process comes in second with 27, and Bryan Murphy and Jake round out the top 3 in a tie for 3rd place with 25.

Malta wins $15

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks 12 - 16 (Holds- HRs - Ks)

Jake wins HRs with 44 home runs, while Spundin comes in second with 40 home runs, and me and Hustlers tied for 3rd with 39.

Jake wins $15

The Process wins Ks with 286, while Bryan Murphy comes in second with 268 and Luis comes in 3rd with 250.

The Process wins $15

Jamcam wins Holds with 23 Holds, while Hustlers come in second with 18, and Rotohaulics Anonymous and Kevin tie in 3rd with 15.

Jamcam wins $15

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks 17- 22 (Runs- Saves - BBs)

I win (About TIME!!) Runs with 214 Runs, while Sean comes in second with 182 and Luis comes in third with 181.

I win $15

The Process wins saves with 32 saves, while Malta and House Stark tie for second place with 25 saves apiece.

The Process wins $15 (30 total)

Jamcam wins BBs with 146 BBs, while Jake comes in second with 139, and Sean in third with 134 BBs.

Jamcam wins $15 (30 total)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there are all the winners to the monthly's. Sorry for the delay, I completely forgot about this still existing in the league.

Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Long as people get their money I doubt anyone is going to be upset, cheaper to send it all out at once anyway.

PS: I hate you Pat...ERA and WHIP was the only thing I had going for me this year and you had to swipe that too. Sad
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 11:47 am

Thanks for the hard work in going through this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 1:57 am

Fuck it took forever to find the payouts for this haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems   Rule Change Poll # 3:  Money Payout Systems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule Change Poll # 3: Money Payout Systems
Page 1 of 1