Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RIP Nick Adenhart

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

RIP Nick Adenhart Empty
PostSubject: RIP Nick Adenhart   RIP Nick Adenhart Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:19 pm

First off, let me say that this is a very sad day for the Indiana Elite. As most of you have heard by now, Angel's pitcher Nick Adenhart was tragically killed early Thursday morning in a hit and run traffic accident. I have followed Adenhart's career since he was drafted by the Angels in the 14th Round out of High School. I viewed him as quite the sleeper prospect because of his Tommy John Surgery out of HS. After getting healthy, Adenhart dominated the low minors and quickly became the Angel's Top Prospect. After a rough AAA season last year, I had the ability to acquire him and jumped at it. I felt his rough season last year was just a bump in the road and thought he'd bounce back in a big way. He did just that with a great spring, won a spot in the rotation and proceeded to not allow an earned run in six scoreless innings in his first start of the year last night. Then tragedy struck... In Fantasy baseball, sometimes its easy to feel that players are really apart of your own organization. Especially in keeper leagues like these, a tragedy like this makes it seem even more real. Adenhart had a very bright future, and he will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones.

RIP Nick Adenhart
Back to top Go down

RIP Nick Adenhart Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Nick Adenhart   RIP Nick Adenhart Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:29 pm

wow.. this really sucks!... i was looking forward to watching his career, it barely even started! ... rip
Back to top Go down

RIP Nick Adenhart
Page 1 of 1