Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Trade Block

Go down 
AuthorMessage

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:12 pm

Ok, since I made some deals, not EVERYONE is available anymore. So I'll list the guys that are available.

Mike Cameron
Takashi Saito
Joel Hanrahan
John Lannan
Joel Hanrahan
Ramon Ramirez (both of them)
Pat Neshek
Dennis Sarfate
Jo-Jo Reyes

Then I have a bunch of guys that honestly I'm planning on throwing up there and hope one sticks. I know these guy's values are pretty minimal in....

Freddy Garcia, Shairon Martis, Noah Lowry, Kyle Davies, Nate Robertson.

More valuable guys available.

Ramon Hernendez or Jarrod Saltalamachia.

Jose Reyes or Jimmy Rollins is available. Honestly I'd like to deal Reyes more than Rollins just because I don't want to sell low on Rollins. If you want Rollins feel free to give me an offer, its just that I think his value can be higher next year, so thats why I like to hold onto him. Reyes is available as well.

None of my elite SPs are available unless you give me a good SP back in a trade (which makes it pretty unlikely).
Back to top Go down

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:51 pm

Sizemore for Jo Jo Reyes???
Back to top Go down

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 1:11 pm

I actually have a new and better trade proposal to you, I just have to look at some numbers to see if it might be worth it for me taking a risk.
Back to top Go down

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 1:12 pm

And Jo-Jo Reyes is the next Cy Young winner in the NL (you heard it here folks) so I just don't think Seizmore is going to cut it for him.
Back to top Go down

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:22 pm

Ok, a little bit of a new block.

I'll move CC Sabathia onto the block. So if you need pitching, you can have one of the best pitchers out there.

I'm back to listening to offers for anyone, but if I don't have a backup at the position (IE RF) then I'm much less likely to deal that player because I don't want to start a WW type guy.
Back to top Go down

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:58 am

Well no one seems all that interested in CC, so I'm taking him off the block, and most likely keep my pitching intact at this point, unless I get some offers. My RP is available.
Back to top Go down

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:45 pm

The King Maker wrote:
Ok, since I made some deals, not EVERYONE is available anymore. So I'll list the guys that are available.

Mike Cameron
Takashi Saito
Joel Hanrahan
John Lannan
Joel Hanrahan
Pat Neshek
Dennis Sarfate
Jo-Jo Reyes

Then I have a bunch of guys that honestly I'm planning on throwing up there and hope one sticks. I know these guy's values are pretty minimal in....

Jose Reyes or Jimmy Rollins is available. Honestly I'd like to deal Reyes more than Rollins just because I don't want to sell low on Rollins. If you want Rollins feel free to give me an offer, its just that I think his value can be higher next year, so thats why I like to hold onto him. Reyes is available as well.

None of my elite SPs are available unless you give me a good SP back in a trade (which makes it pretty unlikely).

u must really want to get rid of joel hanaran...lol

what are u lookin for in return for salty?
Back to top Go down

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 5:05 pm

I'm still pumped that Jo Jo is on the block!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 3:11 am

sLim wrote:
The King Maker wrote:

Mike Cameron
Takashi Saito
Joel Hanrahan
John Lannan
Joel Hanrahan
Pat Neshek
Dennis Sarfate
Jo-Jo Reyes

u must really want to get rid of joel hanaran...lol

what are u lookin for in return for salty?

At this point, I'd probably like to keep Salty. I don't have any other bench players that I know can be decent, and Ramon is getting old, so figured might as well keep him now, and see if he does better next year, where I can probably get a better deal. If I had more of a bench like before the trading started, I would've dealt him. I mean I'd still deal him, but I'd probably need some kinda upside hitter, or some pitcher, that I can turn around in some other deal for a high upside hitter.

But Hanrahan or Saito is available, lol. I usually like to go into the year with only one closer.
Back to top Go down

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 3:20 am

malta69 wrote:
I'm still pumped that Jo Jo is on the block!!! Shocked

You should be, you should be. Jo-Jo is the breakout pitcher of the year next year with Atlanta!!! The Braves wanted Peavy, so that Jo-Jo could teach Jake how to pitch.
Back to top Go down

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 7:24 am

Here, I'll make a post on my entire roster, and how available each player is...

C: Ramon Herenedez and Jarrod Saltalamachia: I don't really plan on moving either at this point. Hernendez's age is preventing his trade value being real high, and Salty hasn't proved he can hit at the MLB level on a consistant basis yet. So I like to hold onto both of them for now.

1B: Adam LaRoche: To me he's underrated, although his stats aren't going to be great, I can expect 25 HRs, 90 RBIs, and a decent BA, although he will struggle in the start of the season. Main reason, he's not available is because I have no other 1B.

2B: Placido Polanco: he would be available if I had another 2B, but I don't. At this point Sean-Rod is too much of a risk for me to have him as my only 2B.

SS: Jimmy Rollins: not available (I don't have another SS). To get him, I would need a good SS in return.

3B: Adrian Beltre: Not available (I don't have another 3B). To get him, I would need a good 3B in return.

LF: Carl Crawford: Not Available (Don't really have a reliable LF, and also don't want to sell low on him). To get him, I would need a good LF in return.

CF: BJ Upton: Not Available (Don't really have a reliable CF, and also don't want to sell low on him). To get him, I would need a good CF in return.

RF: Xavier Nady: Not Available (Don't really have a reliable RF). To trade him, I would need a good RF in return.

DH/LF: Chase Headley. Available, but I would want a hitter back for him, regardless of position.

1B: Dan Johnson: Available

In terms of what available means, If I say someone is available, I will trade them for any position on the field or pitching. If I say they are not available, it doesn't mean I won't move them, its just that I'd need a good player playing the same position in return. And usually if you have a good player at the same position, you aren't really looking to make a move, so I figure its pointless for the most part.

Right now, my bench is basically Saltalamachia and Dan Johnson, considering Headley at DH.

Pitching:

SP: CC Sabathia: One of the best pitchers in the league. He would be available for the right deal, but I don't want to trade him for the sake of trading him. I think my offense is set, and good, so I'm not desperate to make a move with pitching.

SP: Cliff Lee: I would make him available as well, but he's giving me ace value so I'm not desperate to move him for some nobodys.

SP: Francisco Liriano: For the most part, he isn't available. Mainly because I think his value should be higher after next year. After next year, as long as he pitches well, he will be available.

SP: Clayton Kershaw: Personally, I have a mancrush on him, so its going to be hard to pluck him away. I would make him available, but it will take a considerable amount of talent.

SP: Gavin Floyd: He's available, good stuff and good stats.

SP: Brandon Morrow: He's not available for the most part. Again, I feel like his value will be higher after this season, so I'm going to hold off on trading him now.

SP: John Lannan: He's available. Young, and put up nice stats. Again, I much rather take a chance on him being good, than a couple of losers combined. I'm not looking for depth. I doubt he'll get traded, because his value isn't very high, so I might as well keep him.

Of all the pitchers mentioned above, once one of them is moved, all the other become unavailable immediately, which means none of them will be moved unless I get a SP back.

SP: Nate Robertson: He's available

SP: Freddy Garcia: He's available

SP: Kyle Davies: He's available

The last three pitchers, honestly, I plan on throwing all three to the wall, and see which one sticks at the start of the season.

SP: Jo-Jo Reyes: He's available, although be warned, Malta has a huge crush on him, so the price is high. He's available.

SP: Shairon Martis: He's available, although he's young, and I might as well keep him because I don't think I'll get anything good for him where its an improvement for me at any other position.

SP: Ramon Ramirez: He's available. Young, and did well with the Reds when he came up. Ditto as Martis, I doubt I get anything for him thats an improvement for me at another position.

RP: Takashi Saito: He's available. Should be the closer.

RP: Joel Hanrahan: He's available. Should be the closer.

RP: Dennis Sarfate: He's available.

RP: Pat Neshek. He's available obviously.

Minors:

Pedro Alverez: Not available, I like for the hype on him to be higher when he actually does something in the minors.

Anthony Hewitt: Available

Austin Jackson: Available, but I think he'll be better next year, so for the most part I like holding onto him.

Jesus Monterto: Don't bother.

Austin Maddox: Available, but I'm not even sure some of you guys even heard of him. His value should be higher after the draft this next year.

Dellin Betances: Available, although I would like for him to get one more year before I make him available.

Andrew Brackman: Not available. I picked him knowing he had TJ. I might as well wait until next year, and produces some results before moving him.

Adam Miller: Available, but I might as well see if he can produce something.

Jake McGee: Available, but the same story as the 2 before him.

Alan Horne: Available.

Matt Latos: Not Available, I like him as my sleeper prospect.

Ryan Tucker: Available, although the performance at the MLB level overshadowed a very good minor league year.

Bryan Morris: Available, though I do want him to get a bit more exposure next year at the higher levels. Like his stuff.

Zach McAllister: Available.

Gerrit Cole: Available.

Mark Melancon: Available, although I really do like him as a RP prospect, and could be Yankees closer of the future.

There, that should be my entire roster. Honestly, I will listen on anyone. This is just to provide an idea of who I will move withough getting a player of the same position back. Also on the trade front. I don't want 3 people whom you maybe thinking about cutting for a good player on my team. Depth isn't much of a problem for me. I don't like many bench players on my teams, and I'm not high on non closing RPs.

I've made a fair amount of trades this offseason, and if the season started now, I'd be very happy with my team. Saying all that, I don't like to shut off trading, and if anyone wants to talk trades, feel free, I just wanted to provide some insight on who you may have a shot at getting, and who you may not. I will listen to offers on everyone, but for the ones I said were not available, I will not move them unless I get a player playing the same position back.

On trades after this. Say I trade a SP for a stud RF or CF something, then it will mean whoever I have starting at that position right now, will become available in trades that don't require the same position coming back to me.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:01 pm

someone was bored
Back to top Go down

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:41 pm

It was 7 in the morning, I messed up my sleep schedule so much, I woke up at 3 in the morning, and didn't know what to do. I was like Oh Crap, the sun actually comes UP too!! So after awhile, I figured I might as well throw up a extensive trade block.

Although to be honest, I kinda like my team as is. I hate having bench players for the most part because I think that takes their value and drops them about 60%. And anticipating injuries are hard since you don't know which position might get injured, so thats a crapshoot for the most part. I love my starting pitching, and I never like too many RPs to being with. But I know there are others out there that still want to trade, and I'm always open to trade or getting value for my players, so I decided to throw up a trade block.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Trade Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trade Block   New Trade Block Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Trade Block
Page 1 of 1