Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Empty
PostSubject: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:21 am

Well we're just about at the halfway point in Fantasy Football, just wanted to check in and see how you guys are doing in your leagues?

I'm having a pretty decent season so far. I'm 5-1 in my main league (12 teams, PPR scoring, no Flex spot - $150 buy in) although my team is an absolute fraud. I have the second best record, but am ninth in points scored. I won one game by a point thanks to a meaningless Heath Miller 3 yd catch on a Sunday night and another by five points thanks soley to a fluke FR for TD on a Monday night by the Eagles DEF. Here's my current scrub lineup

QB K.Warner, D.Anderson, M.Leinart
RB *J.Addai, M.Turner, D.Rhodes, J.Jones, M.Morris
WR A.Johnson, *L.Evans, D.Stallworth, M.Jones
TE H.Miller, T.Heap
K A.Viniateri
DEF Phila., Miami

*Traded Tomlinson and Berrian for K.Warner, J.Addai and M.Jones
*Traded Chad Johnson for D.Rhodes
*Traded JT O Sullivan for L.Evans

My QB situation had been abysmal (Derek Anderson and JTO) so last week I decided I'd had enough of Tomlinson and moved him in a deal to get Addai and Warner. That didnt turn out too well for me, but I was able to turn around and move JT for Lee Evans straight up which I think may be a coupe! Further complicating things was the fact that due to my record, I have the next to last waiver priority so I was forced to trade away depth from my WR core to get Rhodes, although I doubt I'd be playing that bum Ocho anytime soon. I'm 4-2, 4-2 and 3-3 in my other three leagues but I tend not to be as involved or care as much since they are for signifcantly less money and I've been in my main league with all friends for going on ten years now.

How are you guys doing so far? It's a boring Friday here at work so I just thought I'd get some fantasy talk going somehow.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:18 am

I'm 3-3 with the 2nd most points in my main league. Gotten a couple of raw deals, but it'll all even out.

Team (QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Flex):

QB - Warner, Anderson, Bulger
RB - Barber, FWP, McGahee, Fargas, Sammy Morris, Derrick Ward, Torain
WR - Marshall, Welker, Toomer
TE - Gonzo
K - Who cares? (Kasay)
D - Tennessee

5-1 and lapping the field in points. But, it's a really stupid league where I got Gore and Portis with the 10th and 15th picks, so it's almost not even fun. The only week I lost, a now 2-4 team scored half his points (no, I am not exaggerating).

Both are 12 teamers. I have Warner as my late drafted QB in both leagues.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:38 pm

5th of 16
3rd of 8
6 of 12
1 of 18 (Survivor)

Main league I am 4-2 (1st in division)

12 Teams
QB - Rivers/Campbell
HB - Westbrook/Kevin Smith/Rudi Johnson/Dunn (Yikes)
WR - Owens/Edwards/Gonzalez
TE - Gates
Flex - Driver/Chambers/Reggie Brown
DEF - Jax
K - Prater
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:40 pm

I think Warner easily ends the year a top 5 QB if he can stay upright. I love his playoff weeek matchups as well vs. St Louis and Minnesota.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:42 pm

Gonzo wrote:
5th of 16
3rd of 8
6 of 12
1 of 18 (Survivor)

12 Teams
QB - Rivers/Campbell
TE - Gates
DEF - Jax
K - Prater

haha and I thought my team was winning with smoke and mirrors. How are you 4-2 with those backs and Westbrook missing two games?
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:50 pm

malta69 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
5th of 16
3rd of 8
6 of 12
1 of 18 (Survivor)

12 Teams
QB - Rivers/Campbell
TE - Gates
DEF - Jax
K - Prater

haha and I thought my team was winning with smoke and mirrors. How are you 4-2 with those backs and Westbrook missing two games?

Yea my backs suck; I am 3-0 with Westbrook though and being a PPR League Dunn/Smith are able to salvage some points.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:17 pm

malta69 wrote:
I think Warner easily ends the year a top 5 QB if he can stay upright. I love his playoff weeek matchups as well vs. St Louis and Minnesota.

It's funny. I totally agree. Both leagues were drafted before he was named starter. In my main league everyone laughed because I took him before Leinart (who I would never draft) in like Round 11 or 12. I actually drafted Anderson before him.

In my other league my brother-in-law (who runs the league) dismissed Warner after week 3! I was boasting about the pick, and he's like - Kurt Warner? He sucks! Ha, ha.

Obviously, injury is always the concern, but what NFL player doesn't have that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:39 pm

I'm in 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd & 1st in my dynatsy league.

One of my 2nd place teams I traded for Andre Johnson about 3 weeks ago for Earnest Graham & Cotchery. Gives me starters of Cutler, Fitz, Megatron, Andre Johnson, LT, MJD, Chris Johnson Witten and Titans for D. If I don't place in any of my eleagues outside of my overacheiving dynasty squad that's built for the future, I'd be extremely surprised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:01 pm

spundin wrote:
I'm in 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd & 1st in my dynatsy league.

One of my 2nd place teams I traded for Andre Johnson about 3 weeks ago for Earnest Graham & Cotchery. Gives me starters of Cutler, Fitz, Megatron, Andre Johnson, LT, MJD, Chris Johnson Witten and Titans for D. If I don't place in any of my eleagues outside of my overacheiving dynasty squad that's built for the future, I'd be extremely surprised.

That's a pretty nasty squad for a ten teamer yet alone twelve!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:06 pm

Gonzo if I were you I'd try and move T.O. for a solid #2 back and maybe another WR. Edwards will be a legit #1 WR going forward, I think you are in a good position owning both of those guys to add depth at a position you desparately need it. I'd even consider moving Gates for RB help, but the way tight ends are sucking hard this year, you are probably better off hanging onto him.

I'll bet that T.O. in a twelve team league could probably bring you back Mike Turner and a decent #2 WR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 1:04 pm

Brady fucked me over in 2 leagues.

Middle to back of the pack in all but one.

Fuck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:17 pm

Gonzo got stud Portis from me. TO better make sure his tanning bed thing he sleeps in keeps working.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:27 pm

spundin wrote:
Gonzo got stud Portis from me. TO better make sure his tanning bed thing he sleeps in keeps working.

fuck antonio bryant

hey kevin smith got a TD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:03 pm

I beat a team in my league by 70 this week. And that's with Cutler throwing that dud of a game up last night LOL.
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:07 pm

In 2nd place at 6-1. Lost in week 1 and have been rolling ever since.

I have the most points in the league by over 100.

We start 2 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB, 1 K, and 1 DEF.

QB- Cutler
QB- Rodgers
WR- Fitzgerald
WR- Steve Smith
WR- Colston
RB- Portis
RB- SJax
TE- Daniels
WR/RB- Forte

BN- Rivers, Bulger, Marvin Harrison, Engram, C4 Johnson, Shockey

K- Scobee

DEF- Chicago & NY Jets
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:42 am

smk1363 wrote:
In 2nd place at 6-1. Lost in week 1 and have been rolling ever since.

I have the most points in the league by over 100.

We start 2 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB, 1 K, and 1 DEF.

QB- Cutler
QB- Rodgers
WR- Fitzgerald
WR- Steve Smith
WR- Colston
RB- Portis
RB- SJax
TE- Daniels
WR/RB- Forte

BN- Rivers, Bulger, Marvin Harrison, Engram, C4 Johnson, Shockey

K- Scobee

DEF- Chicago & NY Jets

Wow! That is an amazing team for a 2QB league. How many teams? Is it keeper (I assume it is for you to have Portis and SJax along with those tremendous WR) ? Great job!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:52 pm

That team is ridiculous. It has to be keeper.

My best has to be this one: 5-2 2nd place 956.58 points – Sucks the week I traded for AJ, I forgot to put in a 3rd WR or I’d be in 1st place since I lost the match up 3 points.

Start QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, K, D

Cutler/Eli
Andre Johnson/ Calvin Johnson/ Larry Fitzgerald/Bruce/ Hester
LT/ Chris Johnson/ Slaton / MJD
Witten
Kris Brown
Titans /Eagles
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:40 pm

1st out of 14 auction keeper idp
13th out of 16 auction keeper team def
7th out of 12 snake redraft idp
1st out of 12 snake redraft team def
2nd out of 12 snake redraft idp
1st out of 12 snake redraft idp
1st out of 14 snake redraft team def
9th out of 12 auction redraft team def
9th out of 12 snake dynasty team def
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?   FF halfway point - how are you guys doing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FF halfway point - how are you guys doing?
Page 1 of 1