Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking back...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Looking back... Empty
PostSubject: Looking back...   Looking back... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:41 pm

Who had the best minor league draft??
Who had the best major league draft??

Thought this might spark some interesting discussion, I don't like to brag but I feel I did a nice job in the Minor League draft getting some impact players later than expected. For example, Matt Wieters at #16. Even though he's been up and down in his first full year with the Red Sox, Jacoby Ellsbury at #20 has made an immediate fantasy impact. My favorite pick and in my opinion the best pick of my entire draft was in the 4th round at #68, Ian Stewart. Throw in a middle-round steal of Yu Darvish in the 7th at the 123rd and I think I had a real solid draft. If only I had taken Longoria over Rasmus to begin with, then I wouldn't have had to package Gordon along with him to get Longo. Still worked out well for me though as I'm real happy with Bumgarner, who I also received in the Rasmus deal.
Back to top Go down

Looking back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking back...   Looking back... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:22 pm

I dont think its real accurate to predict who had the best minor league draft. Lets wait a couple years before we determine that. If you want to wait for Darvish for another 5-7 years all the power to you. Meanwhile, I am still scouting my local middle schools in the hopes of finding the next Liriano/ Kershaw
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Looking back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking back...   Looking back... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:07 pm

Kershaw? that sure worked out for the Dodgers as of last night. Back to the minors, again...
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Looking back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking back...   Looking back... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:10 pm

I'm going to brag an saw that my draft was pretty dang good...
Jay Bruce and Chris Davis are absolute studs and many others are climbing up the minors quickly.....
1B/OF - Chris Marrero, Washington Nationals
SS - Reid Brignac, Tampa Bay Rays 2008 Triple A All-Star
P - Daniel Cortes, Kansas City Royals 2008 Texas League All-Star
P - Aaron Poreda, Chicago White Sox
2B - Adrian Cardenas, Oakland Athletics
3B - Mike Costanzo, Baltimore Orioles
P - Brett Cecil, Toronto Blue Jays 2008 Eastern League All-Star
1B - Jeff Larish, Detroit Tigers
P - Troy Patton, Baltimore Orioles
C - Francisco Pena, New York Mets 2008 South Atlantic League All-Star
P - Kasey Kiker, Texas Rangers
OF - Nate Schierholtz, San Francisco Giants 2008 Futures Game All-Star & 2008 US Olympic Team Selection
Back to top Go down

Looking back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking back...   Looking back... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:07 pm

All of your drafts sucked. Mines was the best BYYYY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake McGee for the win!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Looking back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking back...   Looking back... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:38 pm

I like my 3rd round Minor Leaguer Jair Jurrjens pick as far as value goes
Back to top Go down

Looking back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking back...   Looking back... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:53 pm

redsoxdude5 wrote:
I like my 3rd round Minor Leaguer Jair Jurrjens pick as far as value goes

i like my 15th round pick of carlos quentin for value...LOL
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Looking back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking back...   Looking back... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:37 pm

haha murphy...i love how you say you arent meaning to brag, followed by a compliment directed towards yourself

nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Looking back... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking back...   Looking back... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking back...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Extra Base Hit Dynasty :: Clubhouse Archive-
Jump to: