Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Net Wins? Net Saves?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

Net Wins? Net Saves? Empty
PostSubject: Net Wins? Net Saves?   Net Wins? Net Saves? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2019 6:33 pm

Curious how everyone would feel about switching from Wins, to Net Wins (meaning wins-losses).

Seems like it would help counteract streaming for strikeouts/wins, but curious about the group as a whole. I'm personally indifferent, do it in a couple of leagues so thought I'd offer it up to see if there was interest.

Would also be curious about Net Saves. The downfall here is that someone going for a hold can get a blown save, but encompasses more into the league.

MoonDogs
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Net Wins? Net Saves?   Net Wins? Net Saves? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 11:42 am

Net wins sounds interesting. Don’t think I’d go for net saves. There’s already not enough saves to go around and as you said you’d end up with severe unintended consequences. And btw, if we were to go with net wins ( not sure how I feel on that, but it would be interesting to think about), some blown saves turn into losses, so you’d severely punishing owning relievers with a 4-5 category slam (one would assume runs and hits were also involved and possibly no Ks In the blown save, loss short outing). Can’t think of any other single thing that would be that damaging.
Back to top Go down
Mduncan15

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2017-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Net Wins? Net Saves?   Net Wins? Net Saves? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2020 11:31 pm

Guess it is time to start thinking about potential amendments. The net wins is interesting, but I would probably not vote for it. If we wanted to move away from the wins category, I would favor quality starts or some other similar metric that the pitcher has more control over
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Net Wins? Net Saves?   Net Wins? Net Saves? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Net Wins? Net Saves?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Extra Base Hit Dynasty :: Off Season Activity :: Amendments-
Jump to: