Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Modify the foreign player signing rules

Go down 
+2
thome52
ThunderBalls
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Modify the foreign player signing rules Empty
PostSubject: Modify the foreign player signing rules   Modify the foreign player signing rules Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 6:26 pm

Proposal is to allow any (foreign or otherwise) player who gets signed after our draft and called up during the season to a MLB team to follow waiver claim rules rather than wait for the following season's draft. Now that we have waivers, that would add more value and strategy in using waiver claims. We could also use this for drafted players that are called up same season.
Back to top Go down
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Modify the foreign player signing rules   Modify the foreign player signing rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:47 am

I think it does need to be amended, but I'd suggest we make it a bid process if that's feasible.Set it up so it starts at the 1stof the next month, or 15th of the month if it happens between days 1-14 and 1st of the next month for days 15-31... and anyone that was eligible that isn't bid on, then becomes waiver eligible.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Modify the foreign player signing rules   Modify the foreign player signing rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 11:48 pm

I don't like this at all. I think it really hurts the off-season MiLB draft. The bottom 10 teams need ways to get better in the long run. Currently, a rebuilding team could trade for draft picks that might net them a Rusney Castillo and Yasmani Tomas. Two Cubans that are young and ready to play now in MLB. Under your scenario a bottom team only has the ability to get one of them from Waivers as they'd drop down to 20 once claiming one and no way they'd make it back up.

I just don't think you're taking into consideration how it'd affect MiLB Draft.
Back to top Go down
bradmast

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Modify the foreign player signing rules   Modify the foreign player signing rules Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 2:01 pm

I would vote that we draft them in the MiLB draft. The only thing I see happening here is that if Yaon Moncada would sign after our MiLB draft this year we would have to wait until the next MiLB draft in order to draft him, which is ok because we don't really know that much about him anyways.
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Modify the foreign player signing rules   Modify the foreign player signing rules Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Agree with Bryan on this one. The draft would be hurt quite a bit. Imagine if Abreu and Tanaka weren't eligible for last year's draft...
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Modify the foreign player signing rules   Modify the foreign player signing rules Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 4:46 pm

smk1363 wrote:
Agree with Bryan on this one. The draft would be hurt quite a bit. Imagine if Abreu and Tanaka weren't eligible for last year's draft...

I 3rd this. Opening this up to everyone only helps the top teams. We have to ensure we have fair mechanisms in place to help teams trying to re-build or we won't be around much longer. One way is to treat these guys like any other first year player that signs after our draft (which includes the guys drafted in the summer).
Back to top Go down
thome52

Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2014-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Modify the foreign player signing rules   Modify the foreign player signing rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 4:05 am

After reading everyone else's replies, I'd have to agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modify the foreign player signing rules   Modify the foreign player signing rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modify the foreign player signing rules
Page 1 of 1