Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newsletter

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Newsletter   Newsletter Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Should we have a newsletter on what is going on within the league? Like a summary of monthly events.

Doesn't seem like too much work, but can open to conflicts I guess. Maybe have a Trade Analysis section, where people can talk about recent trades that happened in that month. Draft pick analysis. Roster trends. Best free agents. Etc

Again, sounds great, but how would people react if the analysis is critical? Anyone works up analysis in an open system, or specific people publish the news articles?

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
huztler

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter   Newsletter Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 11:48 pm

Sounds fun. Don't ask me to write it though. I have thick skin.
Back to top Go down

Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter   Newsletter Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:56 pm

I think a news letter is fine but having trade analysis in it I am not sure about. You are having people analyze a trade when it might be good for that person to do but whoever analyzes it thinks it was a bad trade. An example of a trade I did that I heard from a few people was why I traded for Encarnacion a few years ago. Well people weren't asking me that question last year it was for a very good reason why I did that. It was a long shot deal but it worked out. Some times these types of deals look bad but you have to take chances at times too.

If it is just to break down the people that were traded and no opinion is given on why or whether it was good or not that is fine. Each owner has there ideas where they want to go with a team. They maybe making a very bad trade but people will already know that they don't need to be publicly whipped for it. It might need to be privately discussed with someone if it is really bad. I know I have made a bad trade or two in my time in here but you learn from it and you have to take a shot at things. Last thing I want is after I make a bad trade is to see someone bashing it. I personally think that would lead to people leaving the league and pissing people off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newsletter   Newsletter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newsletter
Page 1 of 1