Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Idea to fix That Just Happened

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Idea to fix That Just Happened Empty
PostSubject: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:04 pm

It's been brought up that no one will want that team if Jason leaves it. I propose the following for the offseason, a realignment draft of sorts. Kind of a rough idea but I think it'd work.

There would be 10 MLB Rounds and 10 MiLB Rounds

The other 19 teams in the league would get to protect 22 of their 25 man MLB roster, leaving 3 players unprotected.

They would also protect 18 of their 20 MiLB roster, leaving 2 players unprotected.

This would give us a pool of 57 MLB'ers and 38 MiLB players.

Once a team has a player selected, they may protect one of their original unprotected players (First in the MLB Draft, then in the MiLB Draft). Also, for every selected MLB player, his original team would get a compensation selection in the MiLB draft after the 1st Round so starting with pick #31. Lastly for every MiLB player selected, his original team would get a compensation selection in the MiLB draft after the 2nd Round.

Let's discuss this idea and see what everyone thinks.
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Absolutely not...this hurts the strong teams that don't have any weak links. You show me 3 expendable guys on my roster when my team is healthy. There are a handful of teams that don't have 3 weak players and this would totally destroy all the drafting and trades these teams have made.

I get the reasoning behind this, but the top teams shouldn't be punished becasue there was 1 owner who didn't do his due diligence in the league.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:53 pm

We should give free year to in coming owner with new rule of paying one year in advance. So, they'd still have to put money in (as we all would pay an extra year), but they'd be committed for 2 years with one free one to start the rebuild effort.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:57 pm

smk1363 wrote:
Absolutely not...this hurts the strong teams that don't have any weak links. You show me 3 expendable guys on my roster when my team is healthy. There are a handful of teams that don't have 3 weak players and this would totally destroy all the drafting and trades these teams have made.

I get the reasoning behind this, but the top teams shouldn't be punished becasue there was 1 owner who didn't do his due diligence in the league.

And I agree with this. And will add that depth really won't change tjh anyway. It needs an overhaul from the minors. Adding Sean Marshall isn't going to change it's chance to win.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:49 pm

should get free yr so he gets a headstart on rebuilding

i might go for the draft but i am sure it will be shot down easily so oh well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:23 am

free year for new owner is a must i think.. Bryan's idea im on the fence. i think its a good plan, but seems a little coincidental we'd be doing it the year he decides to tank Laughing
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:24 pm

jake wrote:
free year for new owner is a must i think.. Bryan's idea im on the fence. i think its a good plan, but seems a little coincidental we'd be doing it the year he decides to tank Laughing

A good team might lose one good player. Then they'd at least be replacing him with basically a high 2nd round pick. Johnny Peralta was dealt for $5 bid cash... You telling me he isn't a solid player and couldn't help TJH? Would you mind losing a player like Peralta if you got a 2nd Rounder in return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:13 pm

yea i agree.. just questioning your motives.. is it good for the league? yes .. is it good for you? its GREAT for you, you have the 3rd worst record right now lol

if there was a vote i'd probly vote FOR it.. just having some fun with you
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Peralta is an all-star!
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 7:05 pm

I guess my point is, a last placed team holds onto all but 3 crap guys who should probably be on the waiver wire in the first place. A good team ends up giving up 3 guys who could possibly start on the bottom 3rd of teams in this league. It just doesn't add up, this isn't soviet Russia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:11 am

Ah No!

Why would anyone want to give up depth they worked hard at acquiring, so someone can take it, and then trade it for cents on the dollar for another cycle. Whoever is running TJH's team needs to build that team from the draft.

Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:52 am

smk1363 wrote:
I guess my point is, a last placed team holds onto all but 3 crap guys who should probably be on the waiver wire in the first place. A good team ends up giving up 3 guys who could possibly start on the bottom 3rd of teams in this league. It just doesn't add up, this isn't soviet Russia.

So true. But, again the issue is - my guess is HOLDS guys and the like are the guys to be left unprotected even from the very best depth teams. That is not going to help anyone win. Yes, Peralta was traded for $'s. But, he would not have been left unprotected.

As much as I think I fall more toward the every player has a purpose (well, if you include my injuries which this process would), I would go for this idea if I didn't also realize the best guy I would leave unprotected is Sean Marshall. Great HOLDS guy, but he's not winning anyone championships on his own. It's not like he can take everyone's best RP and make a team. Even looking at Team Bud. IS Ryan Theriot or Bobby Parnell going to make TJH any more competitive RIGHT NOW? It's certainly not changing his future either, yet as components of Team Bud, they make perfect sense. So, what's the point?

EDIT: And BTW, if we forced everyone to cut down to the legal roster sizes a couple weeks after the World Series ended, those types of guys would be available for pick up anyway. We actually expand the rosters in the off season for DL slots. Now, you'd need an owner in there that would pick up these "scraps." But, it would serve similar purpose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:11 pm

I think we are getting off topic here and need to discuss Jhonny Peralta more. In fact, I have another SS I'll take for less $ if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Peralta is worth more then most 2nd rd picks id say
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:36 pm

I think Peralta needs to work on his range
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:23 pm

+1 on the suggestion by murph because I like the idea of it

+1 for jam's post because I agree with it, even if it is an inconvenience for me to drop someone like Benoit, I would still cut a good hlds guy (who maxed out his potential) over a younger guy with higher ceiling

-1 to people who just look out for their team and not what would actually make the league better
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:34 pm

I suggest keeping the team intact and having a new owner take it over for free next season.

I also suggest from this point forward that if any future draft picks are involved in trades that a small amount of the next seasons entry fee is put up by both teams involved, even if it's 10-20 bucks. We do this in one of our football leagues to prevent unloading players on the cheap for picks. Player for player is easier to veto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea to fix That Just Happened   Idea to fix That Just Happened Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea to fix That Just Happened
Page 1 of 1